The power struggle in Brooklyn, as exemplified by the March 1st Watchtower

by cyberguy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It is indeed a most curious expression! As usual, the Writing Department leave the reader unsure of the exact meaning and the reader is left to conjecture the real meaning.

Another thing immediately 'struck' me about the quoted three paragraphs and that was how nothing seems to have changed. I think of the poor families struggling to get their children along to the Kingdom Halls on time and being fed that pap. Spiritual food - don't make me laugh! Those poor people are fed the husks of the wheat, not the food itself. Poor things! Mrs Ozzie and I are so glad to have changed our diet to one of real food.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Room 215
    Room 215

``Even though they are few in number (suggest it might be appropriate to insert ``AND senile'' here), they cannot abdicate their responsibility to the Great Crowd." Interesting; I wonder whether someone's actually suggested to them that they ``step aside''?

• frogit
    frogit

I read this article the other day and thought the same, yes the GB are getting old and will all die of soon. For many years now I have noticed that the FDS, GB (whatever they call themselves, or claim to be) are shifting responsibilities over to the other sheep

I stopped going to the meetings when the Isaiah books were being considered at the "books study" (not Bible Study), they tried to squeeze too much prophecy into the 1919 thing, but notice how this is now being down-graded

?Thus, although these two parables shed light on events in 1919 or thereabouts, they apply in principle to all true Christians throughout the last days.?

Notice now it is only ?1919 or thereabouts?.

frogit

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

"or thereabouts" ??????? Hmmmmmmmmm - how unspecific of them!!! Perhaps it's written by the same dude who wrote the generation change article in '95!!!!!!!!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Of course, the majority of those who were to become Christ’s anointed slaves during the time of the end were not yet serving Jehovah when Jesus began his inspection in 1918. Did they miss out on the inspection? Not at all. The inspection process only began in 1918/19 when the faithful and discreet slave as a class passed the test. Individual anointed Christians continue under inspection until their sealing is made permanent.

This has got to be the stupidest doctrine that the WTS has. The armageddon predictions were lame, but this is just plain retarded. I'll bet Jesus is up in heaven laughing his ass off over this WT article.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Like I have said before and posted on this forum; Changes are on it's way! Some JWs however, can't seem to get past the "pride" issue. Now there is also the legal aspect of loosing everything and maybe even jail time for some. But a lot of that is buried in legal mumbo-jumbo and psyco-babble crapola.

Mr. KIM

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

to those who said that they want out but dont know how to go in to the world. you are already in the "world" by being a witness they keep you from knowing it. you need the dubbers like you need a prison sentance. when you jump off the biulding away from the dubs. you find out you just jumped off the curb 6" drop and you just need to cross the street. wonderfull things await.

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's mind-boggling to me that we all used to take this stuff seriously...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Roomie,

Mrs Ozzie and I were saying exactly the same thing this evening! Like Mr Kim says, it's "psycho babble"! Certainly not "the Truth".

Cheers, Ozzie

• shotgun
    shotgun

I wonder if jehovah can sue the Inspector.....

The inspection process only began in 1918/19 when the faithful and discreet slave as a class passed the test. Individual anointed Christians continue under inspection until their sealing is made permanent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit