The power struggle in Brooklyn, as exemplified by the March 1st Watchtower

by cyberguy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like the "doing business" quote:-) Seems to fit with my model . . .

• Mary
    Mary
    However, anointed Christians are keenly aware that the talents were placed in their hands. They must render an account for the way the Lord?s belongings on earth are administered. Even though they are few in number, they cannot abdicate their responsibility to the great crowd.

Translation: "..Even though we're old, senile, and haven't gotten one single prophecy right in the last 130 years, it'll be a cold day in HELL before we give up our power and control over 6 million people. We will render an account for the way the Lord's belongings on earth are administered, until Judgement Day, when we'll point the finger at the R&F Witness and say "The Great Crowd that YOU gave us, they deceived us and so we ate from The Tree.

• Mary
  • Mary
  • belbab
    belbab

Cyberguy, I agree with you that this is a very significant article and should definitely be taken note of. I also agree with your words that ?they are leaving the door open? to something.

If I read your comments right, you are saying that the great crowd can take charge or responsibility of the preaching work and replace the so-called anointed.

Yes, they may be implying that. They seem to be covering all bases. They seem to be trying to ride two horses at the same time. What is the other horse?

Paragraph 19 says that in 1919 the ?slave? passed inspection as a class. From 1919 until 1931 many others individuals came in who were also of the ?anointed?. Then new light came out and the great crowd suddenly showed up in existence. They closed the door to anymore-glorious ones. The numbers of the anointed decreased steadily from year to year until, lo and behold, around 1968 the numbers increased somewhat. It was around 1968 that David Splane and I believe two others who later became members of the Governing Body first started to take the emblems.

The key paragraph, #20, states that the great crowd imitates the anointed. They are aware!

They realize they are responsible. They also study God?s word and are motivated by Spirit and teach and preach, and let their light shine.

What then is the difference between the anointed and great crowd?

(Get ready, here it comes)

However, However, However!

Quote: ?however, anointed Christians are keenly aware that the talents were placed in their hands,

The paragraph goes on to say that they ?cannot abdicate their responsibilities to the great crowd.?

What?s going on here?

They are opening the door a wee crack. They closed the door in 1931. In spite of this, some, from time to time, qualified or not, proclaimed themselves as ?of the anointed? So when they were short a few members of the governing body they appointed some newly anointed ones.

Now they are in a bigger bind. Like in Isaiah, they had no leaders to take charge of the impending doom of Israel. No one had the cloak to serve in the office of leader. They tried to pass a cloak on to younger ones. No go.

It is no accident that this article appears just before memorial time.

So come on all you wannabe anointed ones. Show yourselves; you know what to do when they pass around the grape juice and crackers. You got to have the qualifications though, that is be a Christian (that is a devoted JW, studying, preaching and teaching and realizing their responsibility to let their light shine) But above all you have to make a public declaration that you are keenly aware that the talents are placed in your hands.

There are vacancies to be filled; (few in number) if you think you can take the lead declare yourself anointed. Go for it. The rest of you sheep ?recognize the responsibility of (your) anointed brothers and feel privileged to work under their oversight.?

I am going to be very curious to see what the number of memorial partakers will be this year, increase or decrease.

A note in passing: Around 1960, it was rumored about, that Albert Shroeder, who was the registrar of Gilead school at South Lansing, stopped taking the emblems for a time. Later he became a member of the Governing Body. I assume he started to take them again.

belbab of the no go class

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

To me it sounds like they are saying:

?The annointed class is almost gone. But that doesn't mean we were wrong or that anything has changed?for now. The few annointed left are still supposed to do their jobs...running God's org. FOR NOW. When they are all gone, there will be new light. So stay tuned, folks.?

The "ALL Christians fulfill the scriptures' idea is just laying the foundation for the new light that is on the way.

• Flash
    Flash

lisaBObeesa,

Yes, 'Stay Tuned' is right. As I understand it, what's left of the Anointed are supposed to make their 'trip' at the end of it all. 1Cor. 15:52 , Rev.11:15. They may not be as confident of it as they once were.

• garybuss
    garybuss
    The inspection process only began in 1918/19 when the faithful and discreet slave as a class passed the test.

Is this quote new light on the appointment doctrine? Previously hasn't it been the teaching that the inspection began in 1914 and ended in 1918 after 3 and 1/2 years? Wasn't the original doctrine saying that the appointment happened in 1918 then that got changed to 1919? Now it looks like the whole inspection process just got backed up from 4 to 5 years.

You researchers, time to confirm when the inspection STARTED. When did this change? Or is this the change? Or am I a fruit loop hanging in a tree with the monkeys?

Someone with a scanner needs to scan the study articles in that magazine and post them. GaryB

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Rutherford himself confirmed that just about everyone who Christ picked as faithful and discreet in the years 1914 - 1918,( 1919 ) had left by 1928! Clearly by 1938 the iron - fisted and arrogant Rutherford over- ruled Christ and had selected his own group of faithful and discreet ones and had changed the the doctrines and edicts once proclaimed by the self proclaimed "Faithful and Discreet" man Russell.

Blueblades

• garybuss
    garybuss

Rutherford wrote that the Holy Spirit quit working in 1918. Guess I need some clarification. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit