The power struggle in Brooklyn, as exemplified by the March 1st Watchtower

by cyberguy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Shotgun,

The whole tenor of continual inspection bears all the hallmarks of a "works based" salvation, which of course is what the Dubs teach. It has, however, no basis in scripture from what I've read. But then that never stopped the WTS did it?

Cheers, Ozzie

• RR
    RR

blueblades

Clearly by 1938 the iron - fisted and arrogant Rutherford over- ruled Christ and had selected his own group of faithful and discreet ones and had changed the the doctrines and edicts once proclaimed by the self proclaimed "Faithful and Discreet" man Russell.

er ... this may be a mute point, but what evidence do you have from the pen of Charles Taze Russell that he claimed to be the "faithful and discreet slave?"

RR

• metatron
    metatron

Mr.Kim, I wish I could believe you but I don't.

Some of us have heard promises for DECADES. Maximus came up with a good list

of reforms - that supposedly got derailed by 9/11.

Are they going to push "The Boss" down a flight of stairs? Will they put together a

midnight tribunal and df him and his cronies? I don't think so.

They have their positions and perks to defend - and devil take the hindmost (like Malawi).

These lying , corrupt old 'Theocrats' would no more give up control than Kim Il Sung

step down in North Korea.

Feel free to post contrary evidence - if you can come up with any.

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

RR, just because CTR never penned it, it doesn't mean he never believed he might have been the "slave".

• window man
    window man

rr my grand father came in too the bible student in 1904 my father told me that russell was viewed as the slave and he never siad he wasnt but looking now i feel he made great strides as an imperfect man and as all of us with hope time will tell

windowman

• RR
    RR

That's true minimus, however the fact remains, many of CTR's critics go around making this claim,'the self-proclaimed" faith and wise servanty. But the fact is, he NEVER stated "I am that faithful and wise servant" in any of his writings.

Did he believe he was? Personally I believe he probably did, but admitting to it is another thing.

RR

• minimus
    minimus

If everyone around you thought that you were the Messiah and you did nothing to dissaude them from believing that you were the Messiah, then you are giving tacit approval. Whether YOU proclaim it yourself or not, it has the same effect.

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Alternate headline:

How to backpedal and not a lienate The Boomers

Curious to see what happens next.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What amazes me is how readily my biological family and other JWs I know will eat up any changes the WTS makes. In fact, the bigger or more profound the change, the more excited they get!

For most JWs... change is GOOD... for it represents new information from gawd.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yes indeed, the newest member of the Governing Body is a Puerto Rican/Mexican named Jose!

This is a picture of him in his corner office at 30 Columbia Heights!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit