So, what brought you here?

by onacruse 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

I have a family member who directed me here.

sincerely

Special k

• freedom96
    freedom96

I think my wife showed me this site.

I enjoy reading many threads, and I find it useful in that I find out what the latest WTS stuff going on is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

First thing I did when I got my home computer was research my family tree. Then I had fun learning html. Then my honey started studying with the JW's and I went looking for information. I was hanging out at http://www.xjw.com/ when a poster mentioned JWD.

Action! Energy! I was hooked.

JWD has helped me stay informed and balanced. I now have a voice.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I was DF'd in 96, really still felt it was the "truth" so felt bad about myself. Really did not want to return, but all my family are JW's. I made up my mind that I didn't want my kids raised with hate and gender discrimination. One day went to Google and typed Jehovah's Witnesses. I thought this board were active JW's. Boy was I surprised once I kept reading. I have learned more about JW religion on this board then I ever did as an active JW. Thank you all that have opened my eyes to what really is the "truth" about the lie.

Leslie

• minimus
    minimus

I used to read H2O and Free Minds and I regularly looked at any search engines that had "Jehovah" in it. Also, I believe H2O's posters started flocking here so I just followed the crowd.

• boa
    boa

allo all, Approximately 3 weeks ago, a friend forwarded an email to me regarding the submission by some whacks to the UN about eliminating religion worldwide. I thought this was quite stupid but decided to do a search for the site of the group 'formulism' which of course was down, the link wouldn't work. So I searched and searched on the net for the actual article without a lotta luck. Somehow, this site came up for whatever reason, and I, having been inactive for about a year and in decline for 5 yrs, was very ripe for the picking from all you awful apostates :) uhhhh, thanks by the way heh heh Anyway, I lurked for a week, during which I picked up coc at the library and somwhere in there joined as a member. This is the first site of this nature I've ever joined, and really appreciate the environment for what it is. Excess negativity would only turn me away regardless of subject and in particular this subject (becoming exjw) is one I want to move on from, not wallow in only negativity. (ok some whining is fun) boa 'who floated here on a red carpet called destiny'

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Hi all,

I found this site while researching the pedophilia problems within the organisation. Found "Freeminds" which led me here. I am married to a whole mob of 'em-4th generation to be exact, and I had NO clue what I was getting into when I married a disassociated (10 yrs) JW almost 3 years ago. It's when he decided to reinstate last year that I started looking for answers. His own brother (he is the eldest of 4) molested his children in his previous JW marriage, so that is why I started with "Freeminds".

Since being here, I have been able to maintain my sanity, have a "voice" as jgnat said so well, and see that I must divorce da mob to stay that way. BTW, he STILL is not reinstated after a year!

There is REAL LOVE and SUPPORT here-something I NEVER saw whilst attending the actual meetings with my husband who is actively being shunned...

mobbie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Good thread honey! You know my story but here it is for those who don't.

I found this site while reading the book Yahoo! the Ultimate Desk Reference to the Web. In the religious section it had a reference to JW's. Now I had left the the B'org but was still doubting if I should go back mostly due to family pressure to go back to the meetings. I don't remember the exact site I went first but was shocked to see it was Apostate, I read lots and lots of information and could see I wasn't alone in my doubts, one click lead to another and eventually this db. I took my time reading then finally registered only so I could go into chat and talk to others.

I spent most of my time in chat, posted very little here is my first post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10661/128069/post.ashx#128069

I vividly remember 911 and coming here to see what was being said, I pretty much stayed after that but still hung out in chat reading the board with more vigor and posting a bit more. I was really concerned that my family would discover me here as I kept my user name they knew me from other interest boards and my main interest in cycling.

Long story short chat was the place I felt connected to this incredible community of X-JW's. Great people in those beginning days of chat for me, many of whom I've met and developed a friendship with. Then I met this really, really nice guy who stole my heart and the rest is as they say history.

And I must add I loved reading each and everyones story too, I'm glad y'all are here!

Hugs!

Kate

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

Easy question. Stupidity. At one time you could not tell me that jw's were not superior, or that they were capable of doing wrong. I was lead here in my quest to find the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit