So, what brought you here?

by onacruse 28 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

After reading the Ray Franzs books I became interested to see how much and what information was listed on the Joe Dubs on the net. I found several sites but none with any real substantial information. However this site was the real deal in that there are real people in here with real experiences. And thats why I truly enjoy this site.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

This board was mentioned on the A Common Bond discussion board so I decided to come over and see what it was all about. I had been a member of that ex-jw board for a few years and liked it because it isn't all JW bashing. Not that I don't like to throw a barb or two occasionally, but I hate prolonged whining! At any rate, this board is great because you can either not read a thread which might contain subject matter you aren't interested in, or you can glance at it, decide its not something you want to participate in and click out.

At first I got drawn in a bit on the political discussions. But those discussions are so full of personal attacks and it seems like everyone has firmly entrenched beliefs and just loves to argue, so I don't need that negative energy and I don't read them any more.

Anyway, I guess I got a bit off the subject but there you go.

Gretchen

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

rumours of hot apostate chicks.

I used to lurk and occasionally post on Hourglass2Outpost, and before the on Prodigy's old Not The Party Line (the first xjw board?). I was already out of the dubs, but I felt like a need to talk to people who'd been there and went through the same stuff, so I was looking at Randy's site and seeing all these links to JWD. So I came on over. Then I thought I was enlightened went away for awhile, then realized I needed a good avenue to waste time and wandered back in. I read a lot of posts, and sometimes respond to one or two.

• gumby
    gumby

Good question Craig. I'm glad questions like these come around once in awhile because as time goes by being out of the borg.......you begin to forget your own history of exiting.

I went into a christian bookstore and saw shelf after shelf in the cult section....."Jehovah's Witnesses."

David Reed was popular back then and had many books on the witnesses. I looked through them and saw websites listed. I remember "Freeminds" and Macgreggor Ministries". "Freeminds" began the "java Script" which took me here. I suppose I could say "Randy Watters" led me here.

Thanks Randy!

Gumby

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Having known of Randy Watters' "apostate" efforts for years here in So. Cal, I typed his name in search, came up with freeminds, read a ton of info there, bought books, read and studied, kept going back to freeminds for more info; sometimes thought I had read it all, but clicking on one more little item each time brought up tons more material, so I was kept busy that way for a couple months; somehow got referred to jwinfoline and MacGregor Ministries, so spent a long time listening to all the testimonies, sometimes 2 or 3 times, and listened to all the testimonies on Tower to Truth all hours of the day and into the wee hours of the morning.

During this time, I kept trying to get into Net Soup but didn't realize I needed to disable the pop up blocker to get in there. Until I realized that, I was only able to get in the Net Soup Archives. In there I came across a few of Minimus' questions that really touched a nerve, so while I had no intention of being part of any discussion board, I really wanted to get a couple things off my chest, in particular, "Did You Ever Tell An Elder Off?" and "Did You Ever Turn Someone In?" and "Was There A Circuit Overseer You Couldn't Stand?"

Then I was unable to get back in for weeks, thought I had said something wrong and Simon had blocked me, was so offended and furious at the same time for weeks, then finally read in the technical section (DUH) the simple solution, and got back in, and now I check in every day when no one's around the house to catch me!

Thanks Simon! (For the board) And I agree with Gumby, a big thanks to RANDY WATTERS FOR EVERYTHING!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had communicated a bit with Randy Watters, and found H20 from his site. After that closed down, one of my buddies, VeniceIT told me about Simon's board, and I've been here ever since................almost 3 years.

• yoda
    yoda

Did an internet search on JW, as I work in health care & we seem to get a few patients that are jw's. I think it's important to have an understanding of peoples beliefs.

• flower
    flower

While the rest of the world was celebrating family and friends and sharing food and gifts on Christmas Day 2001 I was living in my parents home sitting in my room feeling pretty crappy about life. I was df'd and it was pretty miserable living with people who thought I was wicked for leaving 'Jehovah'.

But still I believed in the 'truth' and did a 'jehovahs witness' search looking for other JW's who might be bored on Xmas day to chat with.

I didnt find JW's but I found Timothy's site first I think and then a couple more before this one. Ordered C of C and read it, met some cool people here who helped 'unplug' me and the rest is history.

• patio34
    patio34

What a fun question, Ona, and interesting thread!

I called my sister, "Waiting," and asked her how she felt about the Watchtower.

Waiting : "Why do you ask?" (Cautious that maybe I was "on" to her)

Pat: "Because I decided not to go to meetings anymore and haven't been in two weeks."

Waiting (no doubt relieved): "We haven't been in a year!"

Then she told me about this site--I didn't even have a pc. I bought a Web TV in a few weeks and came onto this site. Like Mulan, this was almost three years ago.

Pat

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I left in 1989-90, stumbled on this site in 2002, was looking up info and history on the search sites, and found this site, it has been very helpful.

My family are all still in, i actually do more research today then i ever did the whole time i was a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit