So, what brought you here?

by onacruse 28 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Back in the 90s (I think it was '96?) was the first time I punched in "Jehovah's Witnesses" on Google. Up came H2O. The "generation" change had finally flipped me, and I knew in my heart that I would never again be the "happy little JW" that I'd once been.

Well, lemme just say that the "vigor" of the discussions at H2O rather turned me off, and I scratched the Internet.

It was just about 2 years ago that some friends of mine kept saying "Craig, you really need to check out JWD." "Yeah, right, sure...been there, seen that" I said...but after about 5 months of their harassment LOL I finally signed on.

And so here I am.

You?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Many of you know my story. I got the internet in 99... was bored one night and searching with the words Jehovah's Witness and Personals. I found H2o. I was pretty naive at the time though and only searching for 'men' or should I say 'brothers'.. so I never read anything that might have freaked me out as far as being a JW. About the same time I found witnesses.net. It did not at first have so much 'controversial subjects' and was a member there for quite a while until it actually became what many of us thought was getting over run with apostate posts. I found JWD when I was on JW board who was having some problems with those from here pretending to be JWs and having a little fun. It was all harmless but of course the owner of the site really freaked out. So thus began time to watch the board here and see who was bragging about being there. Then we'd figure out who was an 'apostate' and remove them from membership. I was still very careful about what I read when here then. Looked only for threads that sounded like they were talking about theother boards. I wish I had read then more seriously what was going on. It did at the very least give me an education in that I would know where to go when I left the JWs. Which I did last summer. Then I joined here and began reading all the threads.. amazed at what I was learning.......and sorry I had not read more earlier..

• Golf
    Golf

onacruse, my wife showed me an ad in our local newspaper, Mcgregor Ministry, and out of curiosity I wanted to hear what they had to say about JW's. This led me to Randy's site and later to H20. The latter site didn't have that many 'class' of exJW's. I still remember one one VILE tongue individual and I PM him about it. He had this propensity of belittling others. This individual wasn't going to influence me to his way of thinking, no way! Excuse me for getting off track, there's a purpose to my madness.

Now, I'm here. The begining had its moments, and I'm glad Simon put his foot down otherwise it would be another 'witness forum gone wild.' When I play golf tournaments the first thing I ask for is the RULES. Golf rules are designed to help you, not punish you. If the rules are not to one's liking don't play. Selfish and inconsiderate people want to play by 'their' rules. These people are not happy in life.

Here's a question, what other group can talk about their religion on an international scale like us?

Guest 77

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

How it all happened is I was brought to freeminds from another self-improvement message board. Someone posted a topic on JWs, and provided links to freeminds. On freeminds, there's a link to this message board, and I have a weakness for message boards!

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi!

I found this site by accident. I was a member of the old H2O board (posted under the name "Cyrus". I didn't post much there either!) I was lamenting the demise of the old board while perusing Randy Watters site. There I saw a link to this board and lo and behold! There were many of the familiar faces I'd seen on H2O! People like Farkel, AlanF, and Duncan. So I decided to stick around. But I still don't post much. though...

CyrusThePersian

• Dansk
    Dansk

ISP recommended it.

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

I never posted anything on a message board (or chat room, etc) on the net until last year in June, and that was on MSN's politics boards. I had never taken a real interest in politics before, and so I really got drawn in to the discussions there, and the research links that users would post. I wanted to understand the issues, and why, as I saw it, the political process was so "screwed up" in this Country. After 8 months of very detalied discussions, I felt I've learned quite enough to have formed my opinions on the subject of politics, so I grew bored with it.

One day while searching the net to see if there was any news on the jaydubyuz, I found this site (two weeks ago) and saw that some of the topics looked interesting. I've been posting somewhat regularly ever since.

So, that's my story.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In my case I left the JWs in spirit in '90 and physically in '92 when I moved away from home. Actually, I didn't exactly move away from home -- home moved away from me. My mom and dad need to move to another state while my sister and I stayed behind. But I did need to move to another address and except from one "shepherding visit" from the local congregation (whom I told they had the wrong address), I never heard from them again. And never having been baptized as a jaydub, there was none of this disassociation or disfellowshipping crap and so no problems with interacting with the rest of the family in the trooth. Anyway, that happened long ago, before there was a WWW. There were newsgroups but I was much more into reading the Star Trek newsgroup (to get the latest on upcoming episodes of TNG) and other -- more fun newsgroups -- than to check out reading on JWs. I mean, by that time, I really put all that JW stuff behind me. I also wasn't so much interested in reading about the Bible and church history any more. And then years passed. Anyway, when I saw that there was an ex-JW board, I thought, "How interesting!" and saw how we all shared common experiences and interests. And so I posted a little and then lost interest again for a year and now I'm back again!

• morty
    morty

Well here is my story in a nut shell......

I saw Vickie Bores story on The Fifth Estate.My jaw dropped to the ground as I relised it was her .. I was trying to find contact of her for many years earlyer on.( Vickie and I were raised together in the same borg, but we lost contact over the years when her father would not let her see me anymore when my family moved away) I got in touch with Silent Lambs, They connected me with Bill....Bill hitched me up with Vickie, ( after he found out if I was a stalker or not-they do their homework very well there) and Vickie got me connected with this board. This is my only board I have ever been on, and I enjoy it here. I have wondered over to other boards to see what the big palava was, but it sure the hell did not tickle my fancy......So here I be, happy and free

Morty

• shotgun
    shotgun

My nephew

He has been going through a dub hell for some years now. He called me when I was at one of the lowest points in my life, it seemed like all was lost to the WT.

He suggested I come here and I did. I had felt like it was me, I was the problem. Why was I the only one who felt betrayed and could not get over it.

I came here and gained friendship, support and strength to fight for what was really true and to be honest with myself.

Thanks nephew for your support

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit