Service meeting - Don't talk to disfellowshipped ones at the Memorial!

by truthseeker 37 Replies latest jw friends

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    They pass around miniture glasses of wine for everyone

Ha, ha, ha!!! Not in the Baptist churches around here, tee-totalers that they are. You get a nice little shot of Welch's grape juice!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Sassy,

A while back, I would have responded just as you did: "I give him credit, I wouldn't take what they have put on him."

Now, I would respond, "I pity him. He is still sitting around taking what they have put on him."

Why? Because I now understand what would be the HEALTHY response of a person with self-worth and dignity: Yours! To wit: "To be honest, had that been me, I would have walked out that night and never came back." Because it was "outrageous and cold" and he is still struggling to meet the standards of puny men with ridiculous ideas of how they are "serving the True God" with their exclusionary, condescending behavior.

So glad you and I are

outnfree.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

They are so full of "love".....NOT.

Devon

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Well that settles it! Because of this I won't be attending the memorial this year!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

That's a definite "hardening" of their stance from before. I recall us being allowed to at least greet the DF'ed ones at the Memorial, because I remember my mom doing it. Or maybe I'm just confused. But the Memorial was supposed to be the all-loving episode.

It's such utter crap that they don't let sinners into their little "club".

The whole emblems thing I could take or leave, but the fact that they would try to interpose themselves as the mediators between the crowd and the Christ just speaks volumes about how far they have fallen from the true ethic of Christianity.

They actually wonder why everybody is leaving, when they treat people like subhumans, literally "second-class" citizens. I remember page after page of the watchtower teaching how the great crowd was represented by the foreign slaves the Israelites had at one point. While the pampered anointed, eg. the Governing Body, lived off the sweat of the struggling workers. God, the hypocrisy, the sick elitism, and the horrible treatment of the weak and oppressed.

No wonder they treat the weak so badly - if they are expecting them to be their slaves, well, nobody wants a sick slave. That's opportunity cost, to use a economics term. It's better to kill a sick slave (through disfellowshipping) than to heal him. After all, slaves breed like rats, right?

Wow. And we aren't even allowed to sing any gospel music to keep our spirits up.

CZAR

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

So the governing body got wind that r & f were giving little smiles and subtle handshakes, loaning bibles and songbooks to dfed ones, ey? They decided to crack down on the leniency.

This is pathetic. As if Jesus would not have spoken to a dfed person. Jesus after all is the one who puzzled his disciples by speaking to the Samaritan woman.

Heather

• simplesally
    simplesally

Once I gave a WT to a disassociated person that I had run across. She asked me for one since her sub had run out..........she wanted everyone in my bag that she didn't have........... I got counseled for that. The elder said she needed to go directly to the elders or the hall for a magazine and I was not supposed to give her any spiritual food.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember you told me that story... as I was handing you magazines that you asked me for... (when I was still getting them)

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sally...now you could respond to the Elder I didn't.....I gave her the WT.

The elder said she needed to go directly to the elders or the hall for a magazine and I was not supposed to give her any spiritual food.
  • simplesally
    simplesally

Good point Shotgun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit