Nova Scotia declares STATE OF EMERGENCY..

by Special K 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

We are in the midst of the worst blizzard of the winter today.

STATE OF EMERGENCY.. for Nova Scotia has been just declared.

Snow plows have stopped plowing and are looking for stranded motorists.

Series 103 Highway has been declared impassable..

I'm bunkered down with my 3 kids..and can hardly see out the windows..They are all gummed up with Horizontal Snow..

sincerely bunkered down with my kids.

Special K

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Take care. It's sounds like your getting hit hard.

love

cj

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Sorry to hear that Special K.

Hope you have enough supplies at home to last this out.

Keep us informed.

Joy

so......hmmmmmm......I guess you won't be going out in service today, huh?

• Special K
    Special K

The radio annoucer are encouraging neighbours to check in on their neighbour.

One guy had to climb out his window, because he couldn't get his door open.(snow blocked)

I'm going over to check on my best friend and neighbour..(the one with the terminal brain cancer). I have everything place in case of them having to go to the hospital... Got another neighbour on board with a 4 wheel drive and a big plow to plow them out just in case need be.

My fires are stoked to heat the house up warm ... in case the power goes off. (It is off already in alot of areas near me)

I've got food prepared in advance... lots of batteries for tonight..

heat.. check/ food... check/ oops fill up the bathtub for emergency toilet flushing water..check/ extra drinking water... check...

There now.. I feel okay..

Just heard a plow found 4 stranded car about 20 miles from me..(visibility is zero")

Storm surge .. high.

I guess I'm okay.. but will check back in later .

If you don't hear from me.. you know.. the power went down..

sincerely

Special K

• shamus
    shamus

Special K,

Keep warm and enjoy the show, I guess. There's not a lot that you can do.

That's very nice of you to check on your neighbour. I hope that your neighbour is right beside you; what a horrible thing to have happen to him/her... brain cancer. That's sad.

I'm going skiing today but I'll check back in with this thread when I get back in.

Take care.

Brian.

• shera
    shera

Yes,what a lovley day.I think I must go out for a walk.....oh I can't its snowing and I can't open my door!

Suuuuummmmeeeeeeeerrr!

Take care all you fellow Nova Scotianers.

• Smyler
    Smyler

We got hit hard in the valley too! A lot of snow! I haven't been outside yet, still in bed! Wireless laptop! but the 101 is closed too and some the military bases are closed too

smyler, who hopes the power doesn't go out!

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hope everyone keeps safe and warm

• talesin
    talesin

Hey Shera! (waves across the harbour) I wonder if the bridges will be closed?

Smyler & Special K

Glad you are safe in this storm.

Wanna have a snowball fight later?

tal

• Smyler
    Smyler

I'm just really really surprised that the power isn't out! It seems that previous years when we got 10 cm and a bit of wind, the power would be out for the day! Maybe NS Power got it all together after Juan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit