Nova Scotia declares STATE OF EMERGENCY..

by Special K 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Smyler
    Smyler

lol, What I said about NS Power, I take back, we lost our power from 2:30 to 4:30 and its 5 now. The power just flickered too. At 2:30 I called the Power Outage line, 1-877-428-6004, to see when it was gonna be back on, they said Feb 20 at 7.30 PM!! Thank goodness it came back on!

But man, my mom is annoying! She's all mad and upset, menopause... lol, about my dad being out. He had to go out because my sister went to work, and locked her car with the engine running and he had the spare! Well, he had to stop and help someone and try to get them out for 45 minutes and then took them to Wolfville, farther then he needed to go. Then he went back to my sister's work and unlocked and shut off the engine. Then he when to lunch. All this time, the roads are only getting worse, as the plows Just started again with the V-plows. And he's still out there trying every possible way to get home, so he thinks he is going to go to one of my sisters' houses. I called the DOT and they said that they won't be out our way til tonight!

Well, I probably could say more, but I'd better send this before the power goes out again!

Goodluck Nova Scotians!

PS, Special K, the closest to me is Coldbrook on the 101. I'm in the Kentville area

• Valis
    Valis

You folks stay warm!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Smyler
    Smyler

The CBC says that we are now in a "Code-Black" which means "ambulances are responding to people with life-threatening injuries or illnesses first. Doctors and paramedics are screening 911 calls."

Also the Confedation Bridge is closed. Getting worse and worse!

smyler

• Special K
    Special K

Why is anyone (like me) up at 3 o'clock in the morning you ask...

Well, the power was out for God knows how long..hours...so I went to bed at 7:30 ..

Then my young 8 year old crawled in bed with me.. and I wake up with his feet in my back and a foot in my face... elbow in the head......need I say more. I feel like I've been wrestling most of the night. Why do mothers put up with this. Stupid or love? I love that little guy. I love him so much it makes me stupid.

It's still howling outside... but inside it is very quiet.. because everyone is asleep.

I was quite entertained earlier by a man with a 4 wheel drive and front plow... He was stuck for a good long time. Sorry buddy, but 50-60 cm (2 feet) of wind blown snow isn't really gonna move for that little rinky-dink plow of yours. It's going to take a big mother of a plow to clear this avalanche of snow.

sincerely (yawning)

Special K

• Xandria
    Xandria

Brrrrrr... Stay warm and safe Special K.

X.

• Smyler
    Smyler

Oh Great!! A Heavy Snowfall Warning has been issued for all of Western Nova Scotia!

We are suppose to get 7 cm today and tonight and 10-15 on Sunday!

Be prepared fellow Nova Scotians!

Smyler who hopes school is cancelled on Monday!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Good luck to you all up there!

During the winter, do you keep everything all stocked up for storms like this or do you have to listen to reports and stock up accordingly?

And Special K,

I know what you mean about your little guy............ I love it when my little girl scooches up to me, her little butt trying to stay as warm as possible against me.

• talesin
    talesin

special K

... was thinking of you and figured your power was out. Sounds like you are weathering nicely.

smyler

hey, thanks for your storm updates. I take it your father & sister got home safely ... saw some nice pix of you and Missy somewhere ...

yes, another storm tomorrow - I don't think you have to worry about going to school Monday!

take care all

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit