THEY REALLY ANCHORED YOUR HEAD WITH NONSENSE

by ese 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SYN
    SYN
    so many took offense to the above statement - many took it as disbelief in the individual pain experienced - not my intent - used "alleged" because far as i am concerned i am hearing only one side of the story

Well then you shouldn't be throwing around loaded words like that. If you'd been raped as a child, and someone talked about that event in your past as an "alleged" event, how would you feel? Try wearing the other person's shoes for a change, or alternatively find a way of putting your thoughts across with more tact - a lot of the people here have been very badly traumatized in the past, and for you to blithely dismiss their lives with words like "alleged" isn't very responsible or mature.

if i based a conclusion on only the many testimonials here i would be a fool - for all i know some of u may only act as formers jws and with the intent of drawing others to your "flock"

Hmmm. This is where things start to get interesting. I love the smell of troll in the morning! Which testimonial would you prefer - child abuse survivors, or the smooth, slick PR front put up by the Society against known facts? If somebody were to punch you in the face and you went to the police about it, how would you feel if they dismissed your bruises as only "your side of the story"?

might sound absurd but u never know

Well these people do know, and through personal experience.

my observation that u are all in a weird place right now is simply that, an honest observation, am i not entitled to it?

A weird place...hmmm...this is a place where people come for comfort, companionship, and sometimes for a bit of fun, but I certainly wouldn't classify it as weird. A lot of the time the people here act as a giant support group, which is a wonderful thing, in my opinion. You simply don't seem to understand the deeper effects that exiting a cult has on people.

some of you have said , "you have no right" - but i think i do - just as you have rights to ignore my ramblings or disagree with them - and why would any of u assume i have no experience - just because it appears by my questions that i don't know your pain - well, i actually don't but not for lack of experience with jws

Your meaning is unclear here. How can you understand where we're coming from without having been in a similiar situation? Or without at least having done a bit of research?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I still viewed it as a potential benefit

I could get a free hamburger or something - pancakes

It could be that there's a reason why You joined in, and also that now You aren't as effected.

Could be

• Special K
    Special K

No disrespect to you ese....

but you do sound like a 14 year old..

I have a 14 year old who sometimes speaks silliness and kind of unfeelingness to others. He also finds it hard to put himself in another persons shoes.

He's getting better at holding his not well thought out speech..

Time might help you too.... a few more years and life experiences as well.

I forgive my teenager all the time.. I forgive you too for your awkwardness in relating to other people.

sincerely.. (( hugs))

Special K

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ese: the question about food was answered well; you could have SO mucked that one up if you were 100% troll. But your reply showed clear knowledge of JW habits. I'd love to know what your mother or father thought of this though; it is a little odd for people to be sanguine about their teenager wafting off to MaccyDees with a bunch of strangers to scrounge food.

So, now at least we know you are at least partly what you say you are...

• shamus
    shamus

ese,

It seems that you lack common social skills.

Why are you here "obsessing" with us? Why don't you just go get yourself a life and leave us alone. If you need social skills, I suggest getting some good counselling before coming back here or even out your door.

I think that this is the most pathetic post I have ever seen on JWD. You are truly a legend in your own mind.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Ok, I see your point and I sometimes wonder why I spend more time thinking about this group now (how much I got messed up by them) than I did when I was a believer. But maybe that is just because I'm actually thinking, instead of braindead like a Watchtower drone.

And what are you doing out here, man? You're no better than anybody else. This is just a way to deal with some of our problems, or just to reach out to someone with a similar past. It's not all we do. I don't talk about this stuff with anybody else, I have a rich and full life, and this is just a part of it. So, back off.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Don't give ese to hard a time, his unique way of posting and perception of reality can be judged from a comment he placed on another thread.

I am not into drugs but I suffer from chronic back pain so smoke weed - it alleviates the pain but not the way vicodin did - but the harmful effects are less severe

If that is an honest statement it clears up a few issues.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome to the board.

Please remember why this board is here: to give comfort and support to injured souls. You wouldn't want to add any more grief or injury to a person in pain, would you? So, please think before you write your next post.

Take care.

Codeblue

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the board, ese! You sure got off to a rocky start but I hope you'll hang around a while and see what we are really all about. I'm glad someone was kind to you when you were a kid and had the thoughtfulness to feed you. That's the way Jesus taught Christians to be but unfortunately many of us here -- probably MOST of us -- experienced more of the Pharisaical attitude of the Witnesses instead of unconditional love.

i am hearing only one side of the story

Of course you are! Why don't you compare some of the doctrinal things we discuss with the Witnesses' own website, www.watchtower.org, and see which sounds like propaganda and which sounds like truth. (Do it when you're not hungry so the memories of those burgers don't cloud your thinking!)

Nina

• ese
    ese

"ese: . . . I'd love to know what your mother or father thought of this though; it is a little odd for people to be sanguine about their teenager wafting off to MaccyDees with a bunch of strangers to scrounge food.

So, now at least we know you are at least partly what you say you are..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit