THEY REALLY ANCHORED YOUR HEAD WITH NONSENSE

by ese 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ese
    ese

well, some of you are answering my inquiry, some quite specifically in the way of facts, but i want to understand the emotional part of it, seriously, is it a realization of some great betrayal? do you think they use any "magic"? the intensity of many emotions here lead me to wonder? btw - don't call names ("troll") - it's not nice

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ese:

YOU are the person who have been rude without a reason. If YOUR actions result in people insulting YOU, then YOU only have YOURSELF to blame. Very funny; you imply we are acting like victims and then you do precisely that yourself. Grow-up (if you're an adult)!

As for 'magic', please do yorself a favour and go and read something on the subject (of high control groups/cults/Jehovah's Witnesses/etc.). This will come in very handy if you want to stop yourself from looking feven more foolish than you already have.

Of course, if you are a troll, then I have to say trolls ain't what they used to be... it must be pretty depressing to realise (if you are a troll) that you can't even do that right...

• ese
    ese

yo - do u see yourself - obsessing about the wtbts or whatever the hell they call themselves - all this beautiful intellect spent on thoughts of an alleged abuser u all allegedly left - oh my - free yourselves - you didn't leave - u r all in this funky stage of mourning and hatred and realization that not all lovers are true - but, forgive my rambling - i have a question here, what do you think they did to mess with your minds so much that u r still obsessing?

so many took offense to the above statement - many took it as disbelief in the individual pain experienced - not my intent - used "alleged" because far as i am concerned i am hearing only one side of the story - if i based a conclusion on only the many testimonials here i would be a fool - for all i know some of u may only act as formers jws and with the intent of drawing others to your "flock" - might sound absurd but u never know - my observation that u are all in a weird place right now is simply that, an honest observation, am i not entitled to it? - some of you have said , "you have no right" - but i think i do - just as you have rights to ignore my ramblings or disagree with them - and why would any of u assume i have no experience - just because it appears by my questions that i don't know your pain - well, i actually don't but not for lack of experience with jws

i simply am different than each of you and responded differently

none of you commented on my compliment of "beautiful intellect" so i retract it ;-)

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    i have a question here, what do you think they did to mess with your minds so much that u r still obsessing?

It's their heart - it was broken when they found out, that the one who declared love for them did not even love, but was lying - it still breaks for the broken hearted / afflicted.

If only their minds were affected by such things, then they may not care so much - what do you think ese ?

• Hunyadi
    Hunyadi
    " . . . i want to understand the emotional part of it, seriously, is it a realization of some great betrayal?"

From birth, I was indoctrinated into a cult that targets vulnerable, ignorant and uneducated people struggling and grasping for something good and hopeful. They fill your head with thoughts and images of demons, death and destruction. They tell you that the end of the this system of things is always tomorrow or just around the corner, and endeavoring to accomplish anything aside from attending five meetings a week and going from door to door selling the Watchtower and Awake magazines and starting "Bible studies" at your own expense is a total waste of time. They cheat us of our youth, education, intelligence and healthy ambition in order to serve them and their doctrinal mood swings. We must must believe unconditionally and without question while instructed to pick apart the beliefs of others, asking all others outside the faith to question their faith, yet we must never question the "spiritual food" imparted from the governing body of JW's since it is Jehovah himself who is instructing us. We must totally turn our backs on our friends and family members, no matter what, if those loved ones should become somehow disapproved by the wtbts; this includes our children and parents, our brothers and sisters. The religeon is filled with nuerotics and fanatics, hyppocrites and liars, child molestors and abusers. All the while they say, "we follow the true god, and he has revealed His truth only to us to give to the rest of mankind", but you are not allowed to form relationships with anyone outside of the organization since they are under Satan's control. And you get this same bullshit pumped into your head all week long at the Kingdom Hall and you are "encouraged" to pump the same bullshit into your own head through personal study at home and pump it into your kids head constantly while not at the formal meetings. It is the JW mantra without the chanting, trance and incense. We were all brainwashed not to take personal responsibility for our actions but to blame Satan for our hardships; that it is he who is testing us and trying to lead us away from the true god, Jehovah.

I escaped after 36 years, which is no small feat. Some never do. Was I betrayed and lied to? You bet, as was my mother and her mother. I take my children with me so that they are not cheated of their potential and success, not just in a material world, but in their emotional and spiritual lives, and their relationships with others as well.

Most of the people who come to this message board are injured and recovering from many years and even a lifetime of spiritual and emotional abuse that they were always, until now, strong enough to walk away from. But the scars never completely go away no matter what. Many of us are spiritually shell-shocked and will spend the rest of our lives recovering from the lies and deceptions unwittingly heaped upon us by the the WTBTS through friends and family members, those we trusted.

So if you really want to understand; you now have a synopsis of the turmoil and its cause. If you are just here to tell us all to get over it, you can just go "bed" yourself.

• ese
    ese

It's their heart - it was broken when they found out, that the one who declared love for them did not even love, but was lying - it still breaks for the broken hearted / afflicted.

If only their minds were affected by such things, then they may not care so much - what do you think ese ?

hi - i think i agree but wonder if there is more - like maybe the combination of betrayal AND some sort of hopelessness (at least momentarily) - i dunno - i had such a "bad" life b4 meeting JWs that their alleged (there's that word again) love and concern seemed quite nice and comforting

when i realized that in many instances it was superficial, i still viewed it as a potential benefit

i could get a free hamburger or something - pancakes - on Sundays and other service days -

maybe i was/am too much of a seize the day kinda guy to ever understand - but a hamburger or some pancakes on a sunday beats the shit out of begging for food

• ese
    ese

hunyadi - thanks for the reply

• Brummie
    Brummie

Welcome aboard ese, its interesting to see how observers view and misunderstand an exjw site.

Brummie

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ese:

so many took offense to the above statement - many took it as disbelief in the individual pain experienced - not my intent -

Where I come from when you insult someone accidentally it's polite to say sorry. Strange how a little custom like that can differ so widely from place to place...

used "alleged" because far as i am concerned i am hearing only one side of the story - if i based a conclusion on only the many testimonials here i would be a fool -

Which is why playing 'go find out' before you play 'hey, let's tell people they are obsessive haters' is a good idea, don't you think? Remember; you kicked the dog, you got bit. Whose fault is it?

Of course, if you've had contact with Witnesses you will already have been programmed with assumptions about people's reactions to you having contact with the Witneses; as with many cults, they tell 'interested persons' (potential converts) that people reacting negatively to them being involved with (insert name of cult here; they all do it) are an indication they are right; some phrase it along the lines of 'being persecuted for being true (that word 'true' and 'truth' appear A LOT and generally mean nothing) followers of (insert appropriate word here).

for all i know some of u may only act as formers jws and with the intent of drawing others to your "flock" - might sound absurd but u never know -

I'm afraid that does sound absurd; if you'd read enough of this site you'd realise that very few try to 'draw people to their flock' and those that try normally get a rather negative reaction...

my observation that u are all in a weird place right now is simply that, an honest observation, am i not entitled to it? - some of you have said , "you have no right" - but i think i do - just as you have rights to ignore my ramblings or disagree with them - and why would any of u assume i have no experience - just because it appears by my questions that i don't know your pain - well, i actually don't but not for lack of experience with jws

Yeah, you can say what you like; but you have to bear the concequences of the reaction an uninformed statement might generate. You blithely state you have no painful experience of the JW's; well, that's how it works... I'm sure that the followers of Jim Jones would (until shortly before taking the Cyanide-laced Gatoraid)deny being a follower of that cult was a painful experience, just as members of Heaven's Gate, Moonies and Scientologists will deny there are painful experiences due to their beliefs; they all make out any disadvantage is due to the "world''.

No one here expects you to be the same as them. Many of us here had to rebuild our entire lives after deciding we could no longer be the same as them, so the idea of people expecting conformity from you here is a non-starter.

As for free food; where did you go to the meetings? I didn't know they gave out food at the meetings...

... in any case, the choice between 1/ mental oppression plus being willing to die for lack of a blood transfusion and 2/ free food is an easy one to take if you are presented with it...

• ese
    ese

i studied with witness as a kid - when they went out in service the would go to a burger joint or pancake house after - i knew the practice so i went with them - they always paid - i didn't mind listening to them ramble on - i just wanted free food

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit