SNOW!!!!!!!!! in North Texas

by arrowstar 37 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I know..I know...y'all are probably sick to death of snow those of you who get real snow. But, here in North Texas, we seldom get "real" snow. We typically get what they call a "wintery mix" (snow, sleet and freezing rain). We don't get enough of the stuff to have all the necessary equipment to deal with long-term ice/snow.

Right now, there is a lovely, fluffy layer of snow (just snow!) on everything. I wish I had a digital camera to show you. It's as pretty as can be for these parts.

This photo was taken sometime overnight. I borrowed it from the local news website.

Maybe Elsewhere or Valis or Sixy can gets some better pictures to show y'all.

Happy Valentine's Day to y'all

Lisa

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

p.s. More snow is falling outside my apartment as we speak

Lisa

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We've got a little more then 2 inches out here in Murphy. After breakfast, Jennie, Jackson and I are going to make a snowman.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

We've got 2 ...maybe 3 inches of snow here in Arlington. There are kids outside having a ball playing in the snow.

Lisa

• Xena
    Xena

Woohoo couple of inches here in Austin...we just got in from making snow angels, snow men and having a snow ball fight....and on our way back out!

• shamus
    shamus

Wow! Way down in Texas!

Enjoy it with your kids! Take pictures for your photo-albums.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Wow, snow in Austin! That has to be rare.

I've seen enough of the white stuff this winter thank you.

• JH
    JH

Does it say "Made in Canada" ?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Can you believe it?! It's still snowing here.

Mind you, the forecasted high temp for tomorrow is 50F.

Talk about your Carpe Diem!!

Lisa

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    got a little more then 2 inches

BigTex, didn't Sheila brag about Thunder having 10 inches? You must feel so embarrassed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit