"They're out to get me!"

by Nan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

lol ya, as posted above, they think that persecution is one of their biggest signs. but the thing is, they aren't nowhere near as persecuted as the muslims (which KKK leaders and such in the united states will beat to death and talk bad about), to the Bush religion, so...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's "The World" for ya!

• Puternut
    Puternut

And that's why so many are sooo guilt ridden, that they end up in therapy and counseling. Or develop certain illnesses, that come from stresses in their minds and bodies. I understand that out of all religions, JW have the highest rate of people that are in therapy, or are on medications. It's a fact !

Puternut

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I had always felt persecuted, but always thought it was more of an inside job - the JWs persecuted me more than anything or anyone else!

re: the post above about the living in a free country - that totally makes sense to me now. It's funny how they invent interpretations to fit and at first you don't question it, but then a you read a post like that and you see it so clearly! That's why I just love this forum...

• Dansk
    Dansk

Puternut

JW have the highest rate of people that are in therapy, or are on medications. It's a fact !

Can you please substantiate this? Do you have evidence that you can post? I could use such evidence.

Regards,

Ian

• Richie
    Richie

Ian,

Read "Why do Jehovah's Witnesses have a High Mental Illness Level" by Jerry Bergman PhD. Interested reading....and by the way, Jerry Bergman was a JW before!

Richie :*)

• Nan
    Nan

Itsallgoodnow,

I'm so glad you got out.......and free at last, free at last!

Nan

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

My mom (a jw) is like that, too.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Puternut and Dansk, though Bergman's work is very important, his papers are not based on original research.

Though I suspect it would not be hard to do a decent study. Family doctors know who their JW patients are (they are the same ones who have a "no blood" directive on their files). Family doctors would also be able to give statistics on their caseload - incidence of illness (mental or otherwise) of their "no blood" patients versus the general population.

Such a study would get around the reluctance of the WTBTS to come under public, empirical examination.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I tend to think this is more of a personality trait, as I have this ,"they're out to get me" in many people I have known throughout my lifetime who were and weren't JW's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit