How long did it take you to stop being afraid of the demons?

by doodle-v 30 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

Mary,

How are ya? We've had some interesting discussions about this in the past.

>I think it's dangerous to do things like play with ouija boards, perform senances or other stuff like that. I could be wrong, but I think it's just leaving yourself open to problems.............

I think it might be dangerous if you really do believe in it... kinda like how curses work - they only work if you believe in them. It's a sort of reverse placebo effect that has actually been studied by scientists. I think they refer to it as a "nocebo". Some people think walking underneath a ladder leaves yourself open to problems too. Today we call that superstition.

People who don't believe in the spirit world have been playing with Ouija boards and doing seances with no ill effect for decades and more (some making a pretty penny at it too!).

I'm sorry, but to me it all seems a little too pat - too much like a fairy tale. Invisible forces of good and evil in contention messing with the human realm. Sounds a bit anthropocentric too.

As for all of the anecdotes about bad things happening from spirits... well, as has been said by more intelligent people than me: "The plural of anecdote is not data."

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit