What is your outlook on life now?

by Puternut 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I no longer feel that I need to be part of any particular group. I value my independence and freedom so much. My outlook on life is constantly changing and being refined. There's so much I don't know.

Just wish I had a ladyfriend to share it with.

• Undecided
    Undecided

My outlook on life is that it is temporary, everything we can see dies, even the universe. Why it exist at all is the one question I wish I could answer. All I know to do is enjoy it while it's here and try to appreciate the opportunity.

Ken P.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I will never be part of organized religion again. When I first got out, I still believed in God for a long time. I wanted to believe he was different from what I was raised to see him as. But now I do have those doubts if there really is a god. A well written story of men long ago, like poets. They wrote some pretty hard to understand stuff and beautiful too. Is that all the bible is? I beginning to wonder.....

Being a good person and taking care of my family is the most important thing to me now. I feel closer to one of my big oak trees in my yard than god. At least the oak gives me shade in the summer and something beautiful to look at. I don't get anything from god.......

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Puternut,

My outlook in life is very positive.

When I leave for good (it's so exhausting leading a double life, but that's a whole other subject), I plan on continuing to be a person with morals, unlike so many that leave just to 'throw out the baby out with the bath water', so to speak, and in doing so they become self-fulfillers of the WTBT prophecy that 'everyone that leaves Jehovah has nothing but misery in life'.

I already have really nice friends at work, and through my non-JW relatives. I plan on getting involved in community activities that help individuals directly and make a difference.

My best years are still yet to come.

DY

• franklin J
    franklin J

I have been out for 20 years...

there was some stormy weather at first; but once the fog cleared and I got on with my life there has been "blue skies"

...I set the main sail years ago and have been proceeding ahead. I have never regretted my decision.

• Special K
    Special K

Hi puternut..

Good day to you..

out for 10 years.. the beginning years were a struggle both emotionally and because of family losses.

10 years later I'm not bitter anymore..

I view my life now as something to live day by day.. Enjoy so much more of the little moments and kodak moments in life.. I take pure delight in the achievements and antics of my kids, my husband. And truly enjoy nature and watching animals in the wild.. I see things more.

I find I am more loving to neighbours and those I let into to my closer net...

The only negative thing. (may not be negative).. I don't really share alot of my past crises or tragedies in my life with very many.

Life is to be lived now.. and I don't spend my time looking backwards as much as I did.

Time has a way of helping with alot of things. .. I keep trying harder and harder to live in the moment so that I enjoy those moments fully. When I cry .. I cry harder. When I laugh.. I laugh harder until the tears run down my cheeks. When I cheer for my kids in their endeavors... I cheer louder.. I clap harder.

I'm more supportive to others. less judgemental ... and accept the things I cannot change, but deal with things the best that I can. I no longer "wait on Jehovah".. I jump in and take action where I can.

and turn off the radio and T.V. news and stop reading the paper when I get overwhelmed by the things happenning that I can't do anything about.

Good feelings have become more vivid and memorable and negative feelings don't last so long anymore.

sincerely

Special K

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

My outlook on life is more hopeful than it used to be, that's for sure. When I first got out, I had a very bleak and depressing idea of where I was, and where I was going. As time passed on, it got easier to recognize the wonderful opportunities to learn and experience what this life has to offer. I did become a Christian much later in my life, but that was only after I learned I didn't have to bow to a man-made organization, or anything, to have a personal relationship with my God. It's a one-on-one type of situation, not a 100 on one, and I liked that. I recognized that my relationship with him is just me and he, and that's easier to deal with than an Organization telling me how to feel and think, and invading every aspect of my life. The only rule I live by now, is: Do unto others, and I think that about covers it.

CG

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Doubtfully,

Good for you, sounds like you've got your head on straight. Now, you just need to get out for good, lest your ability to be two faced by leading a double life destroy your goodness.

Unless, of course, you're aiming for a career in politics, lol.

• Golf
    Golf

's up CG. Still waiting your PM.

Guest 77

• reboot
    reboot

hi Puternut; I hav'nt got any religion in my life at the moment- and the WT took away any urge for it.

Just don't feel I need it.I did look into other churches to begin with but decided the very existance of god was the missing piece, so there seemed no point.... I'm enjoying my children and my art and living- I like the saying, ' Live each day like it's your last, but as though you'll live forever...'

I used to feel guilty for not believing in a god anymore, but if it is so important that we find him surely he could do away with all the searching, wondering and anguish people seem to have to go through to find him and put a dirty great sign in the sky that says, ' I'm real and this is what I want you to do...?'

I love the feeling of being free to develop new friendships; being allowed to be open and kind to anyone you want makes life snowball.I don't know what the future holds for me and i'm not always happy, but at least i'll always have my new and old, non-jw, non- judgemental friends to share it with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit