What is your outlook on life now?

by Puternut 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

Just curious to see, how some of you who have been out recently, or out for a very long time, have gone on with your outlook on life. Do you still believe in the Bible? Do you still cling to some of the 'old' teachings? Have you found a new hope for the future? Are you still looking for something that you haven't attained?

I am freshly out and taking my time to get to do some of the things that I haven't been able to do. Where it leads me remains to be seen. But I am taking it a day at a time. And I am able to use my head now, without letting what I have been taught for so long, interfere.

Puternut

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Briefly, I'll say this- The first time I left the Jaybubs, I was DF'd. I completely abandoned everything I was taught, and had a life of absolute hedonism(though with occassional guilt).

Then, I went back, raised a family, and divorced my brinwashed wife, which got me DA'd.

What advice I can give, for now, is this- Keep your Bible based moral rules and principles in mind, and let the Fruitages of the Spirit guide you, along with your faith in God. Pray to him when you feel compelled to do so, try your best not to sin, and God will bless you greatly. Leaving the JWs, just another part of Babylon the Great, is one of the best things any of us can do.

But don't go walking on through the broad gate that leads top destruction, as tempting as it may be.

God Bless.

• shamus
    shamus

Puternut,

Organized religion is a sham. It's all b.s. That is my personal outlook on life.

Ask yourself these questions:

Does god hate you?

Does god hate liars?

Does god tolerate organized religion and all the horrors that it causes?

My outlook on life is to be as good a person as I can be, and wait on god "aka, witnesses call "jehovah"" and see what he/she thinks.

Research for yourself what it was like in Jesus day. It is in start contrast to the picture that the Jehovahs Witness organization depicts it as. Jesus openly defied the clergy!

You can find peace by doing research on the subject, and seeing the stark contrast between the hateful and judgmental congegations of Jehovahs Witnesses. When you do, you will achieve freedom that is beyond compare.

Jesus yoke was kindly and light. Jehovahs Witesses yoke is horrendous and burdensome. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out...

Your journey has begun. Open your eyes, think with common sense that "god" gave you, and you will be set free from the cult forever. It's a freedom I shall never take for granted again.

• kat2u
    kat2u

I have been very angry with god for years.Felt like I had tried all to make my marriage and life work.Everything went wrong.

I feel that since I have found this forum I have begun to possibly heal that relationship and begin to discover for myself who my creator really is.

Kat

• gumby
    gumby
    I feel that since I have found this forum I have begun to possibly heal that relationship and begin to discover for myself who my creator really is.

Hi

One thing is for sure.......you will have a variety of ideas from others here as to "who the creator is".

The nice thing about it here is......you are with others who travel the same path to discover that answer. It makes it easier that way. The path isn't the same when traveled with a non ex-dub.

Gumby

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

You find out "apostates" are really nice people You find out the org is one big lie Its interesting to look in and watch everyone work so hard to "maybe" be saved I think once you read,study and prove to yourself the JWS are wrong you will be fine

• gespro
    gespro

Great Comments!

I cn't add a whole lot to what's been said. I'm thankful God has given me the life I have and I can't be angry at Him for this worlds wrongs it has dealt upon us...but I am angry at allowing/trusting in those people. Being born into it has molded my personality a certain way that is so deeply ingrained, I find it hard to cope but I will need to look at this question again...I will give it some more thought. It's not an easy question for me right now

g

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have no clue on what I think any more. I don't trust any religion, although I don't think I deny God exists either. I think I still believe in him.

I think about it sometimes, that I don't know what to believe because all the foundations of everything I did believe have been pulled out from under me...

but then I think, it is ok right now if I don't have the answers. For the first time in my life I can enjoy life for me and not worry about things.. so my outlooks is good, to be happy and appreciate the gifts I have in life and not worry about tomorrow right now. If I need religion later, I'll find it, for now it isn't important.

• dustyb
    dustyb

my outlook on life is simple. live to be the best person you can be, and do good and try to contribute to the wellbeing of your fellow man. i have always told that i was a "good" person, but i wasn't really a good person because i wasn't a JW. But i look at my future mother-in-law and her husband (my g/f's step-dad), and they are complete and total assholes. i look at her congregation and i do see good people, but they are robots. other people are living double lives and such. i look at my congregation and i see the same thing. so am i a bad person because i'm not a JW...no. is anyone her elike that?? nah.

so live to the best of your capacity and what makes you happy. if whacking off 20 times a day to britney spears makes you happy, so what?? as long as you don't go blow up something in total hatred, who gives a damn eh?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

I think they key is developing your own thinking instincts about the world, mankind, our community and relationships, our future and our past. Many things that you might have been forced to accept with out question, might not add up or really fit. Why is that? If the truth is the truth, should it not withstand independant scrutiny?

I takes time to step back and analylize everything in a big picture way. I have found the more you do that, the clearer things become, and the more peace you feel inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit