Names you would never give your child

by Nosferatu 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Ikabod

Any first name that is the same as the last name; Peter Peters, Mike Micheals, Bill Williams...you get the idea.

Any name that sounds obscene when said together; Harry Balls, Mike Hunt, Dick Longdong...you get the idea.

Any dynasy names; John Paul the 83rd! This guarantees an a** kicking all through grade school!

Any gender-bender names; Leslie, Billy, Pat, Mickey. I know I'll catch heat for this one but kids are confused enough without this burden! Maverick.... Who wanted to name any male child Savage Maverick. The wife wanted Vinny. I told her me would name him Savage Maverick but call him Vinny...he'd just be confused!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UnderCover,

I see you're an Ann Rice fan...me too.

OK, the top of my list is

YONKALA...when I was 18 and out in Washington I met a couple, Greg and Carmella, their daugher was Kim, and their son...Yonkala...go figure...I later found out it's a Jewish name, but not sure why they named him this...they must have REALLY hated him...or been high...as an aside Carmella attempted to pull a Mrs Robinson with me, and I was too naive to know what was going on...

other names NOT to call my kids...

Dirk

Biff

Dagwood

Daisy

Damsel

Delilah

Clamydia (my son told me the girl in his science class thought Clamydia would be a pretty name for a girl if it weren't an STD).

• amac
    amac

Yeru just doesn't like the letter D

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yes Yeru, Chlamydia is a bad name for a child. I met a black woman named Aryan and another one name Rotunda. Both very bad choices!

I would never name a child:

Oswald, Genghis, or Svetlana.

~Aztec

• shamus
    shamus

Gunner

• shotgun
    shotgun

Homer

Bart

Scholar

Hansel

Rainbow, Sunshine or anything along those lines.

Esmerelda

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Don't even get me started. When my Dub mother was still talking to me she would bring home lists of atrocious names of children referred to her office. (she works in children's social services) I think the worst was from a 17 year old mother who named her child, get ready for this,

Shithead. She pronounced it ShaTeed. I swear.

Then there was Vagina. It was pronounced VaGeena.

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Maverick, you forgot Rob Roberts, and William Wilson. Elders in Birmingham.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My physiatrist told me that he had a JW couple that was bringing their daughter to see him. They had named her Armageddon. I don't remember what her middle name was, but it was weird to, like Armageddon Nomore. (or something like that)

Lisa

• Sirona
    Sirona

I wouldn't call my child

Simon - LOL sorry Si

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit