Names you would never give your child

by Nosferatu 42 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

oh lord

i named my 2nd son tobijah, gift from jehovah, how stupid

only horses and dogs are called that, he goes by tobi though:)

wendy

• reboot
    reboot

This made me think about an article about names African witness parents had given their children, on the back page of the awake a few years ago and how they were showing their faith by giving them WT literature based names. They were named liked the key words kids would highlight in the Watchtower to stave off mind numbing boredom....'Paradise', ' Kingdom' ,'Hope ' , 'Steadfast', 'Zeal'', Prize', Rapidgrowth etc-ok ; I made that last one up... lisavgas..... Armageddon..??thats awful!!

• Maverick
    Maverick

How about Mrs. Jones who named her 19th child...Enough! Maverick

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

A kid in my daughter's class is named Sparkle. Sometimes parents can be so cruel.

• shera
    shera

Jezzebelle

Jesus

Elvis

Garfield

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Porsche, Ferrari,(what next, ford or pontiac?) Jemima

We are working out kids name for our first, currently under planning stages. So far the favourites are:

Abigail Storm (Surname begins with H so she can be nicknamed Ash)

Daisy Jane (although this one could be bastardised to Daisy Chain)

Hannah Louise - Clare hates this one

Not decided on any boys names yet. Any suggestions? we quite like Kieron as it's quite celtic.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I always thought Clitoris was a lovely name for a girl... and I believe that Ballsack is a traditional Hungarian name...

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

I am surprised at these parents that give their daughter these slut names like:

Jade

Tiffany

Candy

Also you should never name your daughter after a car:

Mercedes

Lexus

This has to be a recent thing. Think about it. When was the last time you met an elderly woman named Jade or Tiffany?

• Emma
    Emma

Latrina.

There was a couple in my sisters hall that named their daughter this. Apparently, they'd never heare of a latrine.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I remember in a life story published in the Watchtower, that a brother wanted to name his child "Placenta". I guess he wasn?t to well-informed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit