If your thinking about buying a Dell computer....

by RubyTuesday 41 Replies latest jw friends

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

....Don't!!

My company recently(less than a year ago) replaced all our computers with Dell and it has been nothing but a nightmare!

Within 3 months 2 of them had to have their motherboards replaced.Thats just the tip of the iceberg.I can't even begin to tell you the numerous "little" problems we have had.You will spend hours on the phone with snotty sarcastic tech support agents ...if you can first figure out how to get to them.

Check out this link if you don't believe me.

http://www.smorgasbord.net/blog/archive/000002.shtml

Rumor has it that they are going bankrupt.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sorry you've had trouble. I just bought a Dell a few months ago. Worked great no problems. Much better than that Gateway POS that was given to me.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I've used Dell for the past 6/7 years and had no probs at all. Currently using two Inspiron 5100 and they're great!

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

That is a bummer, I have my dell laptop and it is over 3 years old. The only problem I had was the hard disk died, but that was mostly my fault. I thought Dell was one of the best companies out there, good products, good prices and great support, but that was the past and I don't know the current status of the company.

• little witch
    little witch

Are you seeing this GaryBuss? LOL

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

We've had pretty good luck with Dell computers here. Before that we had a lot of HP computers, and they were a nightmare. Nearly half of them had trouble with motherboards, video cards, hard drives or power supplies within the first year.

Walter

• little witch
    little witch

GaryB just told me yesterday that his dell had trouble with the motherboard also...thus the teasing...

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

Rubytuesday were you ever a Rolling Stones Fan? if so.. how old are you?

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Dell Computer's financial situation is just fine, IMHO.

I've run Dell's in my business (and at home) for years with literally no problems whatsoever. (Haven't been as happy with IBM, Zeos, Gateway).

Not much comfort for you, though RubyT. to hear that the rest of us are happy as clams...

---Dan

• Jade
    Jade

I've had nothing but Dell's for the last five years and had very good success with them. Sorry your experience was bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit