What if men had been in subjection??

by FlyingHighNow 42 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Blake- the male feminist

Blake, are you a feminist or a malemenist? Or is that manminist or guyinist? Sorry, I missed you a while ago.

Too many divisions in this world. regards Rick

Rick, This is very true, Rick. Not all men and women are divided. When they are though it can make them very unhappy.

Sounds like somebody has some issues, man. ParticlesNWaves5
    Particles and Waves, in case you missed this a while ago: , A very intelligent answer that gives us all something to ponder. I am lucky enough to be in a wonderful relationship where this appreciation you mention exists. I'd much rather see men and women get along, cherish and respect each other like we do than for one gender to be dominant. Still, I'd like to think most women would not treat men badly if women were in power.
    "I refuse to put out unless she buys me an expensive dinner first" FranklinJ
    FranklinJ, you should hold out for a pair of diamond earrings, too. A word of advice: don't let her get you drinking or she might charm you out of your shorts and keep the diamonds. If Laura bush and Ms. Tony Blair refuse de sex will GeorgeW and Tony get the troops out of Iraq? As Judy Tenuda the Love Goddess says: It could happen! Shotgun, a catwoman suit? Interesting.
    Hey, I can't even read a road map unless I turn of the car radio! Hmm...and the engine. Englishman.
    Mike, everyone has some area where they don't excel. I have more than my share. You sound a lot like Andy. He can laugh at himself and doesn't take himself too seriously. I tell him all the time he needs to open a charm school for men. I think you could be a professor there.

Women are far better communicators than men. <.....Quote from E-man That is very true IMHO StillaJWexElder

Very cool, you are hereby pardoned for your John Cleese quote on one of the many JanetJ boob threads.
    I wouldn't want a man to be in subject to me.. Sassy
    Sassy, me neither. I do think it feels more natural to be the damsel in distress and for a man to be the handsome prince who rides up on his white horse and whisks you off to his castle where you both live happily ever after. I don't think a woman can respect a man she can push around and who doesn't assert himself with her. On the other hand, I don't think a man respects a woman that he can push around either. But yeah, most women want their men to have backbone.
    Seriously, though, when people stop wanting to have other people "in subjection" to them, it will do a heck of a lot making the world a better place to live. Love, Scully
    Skully, I agree. Respecting one another as the wonderful human beings that we are and tempering it with love would be of the utmost ideal. Thank you all for your mostly intelligent comments. Add more if you want to. Very interesting to hear your points of view. Heather
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I tend to think that the WTBTS would not have grown like it did had women been in charge. I don't think women would have cared to have millions under their thumbs. Like Sassy said, I think most women don't feel comfortable being dominant. They don't respect anyone that they can push around, man or woman.

What would be wonderful is for there to be harmony. I know there are lucky couples who have that harmony. I am one half of a harmonious couple.

I still like the song: I AM Woman. It's not a song about women being pushy, dominant bitches. It's a song that celebrates how naturally loving & strong women really are and how they emerged from wearing corsets and long, hot, heavy skirts to gain the right to vote, hold all kinds of jobs including the office of governer. This song is saying that all woman wants is for her brother to respect her as she spreads her loving arms across the land and strives to be herself.

I am woman, hear me roar
    In numbers too big to ignore
    And I know too much to go back an' pretend
    'cause I've heard it all before
    And I've been down there on the floor
    No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
    Oh yes I am wise
    But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price
    But look how much I gained
    If I have to, I can do anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am woman

You can bend but never break me
    'cause it only serves to make me
    More determined to achieve my final goal
    And I come back even stronger
    Not a novice any longer
    'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

CHORUS

I am woman watch me grow
    See me standing toe to toe
    As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
    But I'm still an embryo
    With a long long way to go
    Until I make my brother understand

Oh yes I am wise
    But it's wisdom born of pain
    Yes, I've paid the price
    But look how much I gained
    If I have to I can face anything
    I am strong (strong)
    I am invincible (invincible)
    I am woman
    Oh, I am woman
    I am invincible
    I am strong

I am woman
    I am invincible
    I am strong
    I am woman

Heather
  • gumby
    gumby
    What would the WTBTS be like if women were the leaders and men were in subjection?

I'm still trying to picture what Fred Franz would look like with tits.

Seriously....Ellen White and Mary Baker Eddy started their own two cults, and did a fine job at remaining a cult with adherants to this day.

I cannot however, see women sucking up to other women were they to make up a governing body.....unlike some spinless wimp men who will not stand up for what is right in the WBTS. Women aren't known for starting cults in comparison to men, but whether thats a good barometer, I don't know.

Gumby

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'm still trying to picture what Fred Franz would look like with tits.Gumby

Hey, I bet he had some before he went to uh heaven. Don't most men when they're 103 years old?

You're right, Gumby, I bet the women would stand up to each other. Women can have some great fights. I wonder if they would look like an episode of Springer.

Heather

• gumby
    gumby
    Women can have some great fights.

Had russell been a woman.....he would have tried to sell "Super Duper Dry Sanitary Napkins"...instead of Miracle Wheat. The other girls would have argued for nylons.The Organisation would have been a mess and never have gotten off the ground.

Gumby

• simplesally
    simplesally

Shotgun, you better not try to borrow my katsuit.

http://www.retailslut.com

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Women tend to lie more and with a lesser conscience about it too.

rick, all I can do is quote Chris Rock. "Men tell MORE lies. Like , 'I was out with the boys, hun.....or, ' No, babe, that was just a friend.' "

But women tell the BIGGEST lies. " Yeah, that's YOUR baby!"

And as far as reading a map.....my boyfriend can't even navigate a two hour drive to Chicago. I am very good with directions, and know which way I'm going...North, south, east or west. He has no idea which way is up. I'm also the one in the house who owns the tools. I have a drill. And I put together all the furniture. He can't even read the instructions. Plus, I can cook a gourmet meal. Dress like a fashion model or a hooker. Clean a house like it's a motel room. Work eight hours a day. Change a tire, and put the oil in. I know enough not to get screwed at the mechanics. Plant flowers. I'm in charge of the money, because he can't balance the checkbook. I pay the bills. Go grocery shopping. I decorate the house.

skully, I so agree with you. I don't want to be in subjection, or have someone be in subjection. I want respect, love, and to respect and love. Equally. Anyone out there???????

• bisous
    bisous

OMG i thought fantasies of white knights went out in the 50s.......I'm glad no one told me and I misled my daughter with my hifalutin ideas about independence...

I don't know about subjection, but as long as women are in possession of the *kitty* we do hold the power....we just need to make sure we wield it carefully and for good not evil.............brewhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Madonna

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hey, where'd Stacey go? Did she jump or did she piss someone off break the rules guidelines?

please note: the above question does not breach any of the guidelines or Simon's request we not discuss how the board is run, it is a simple question.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    OMG i thought fantasies of white knights went out in the 50s.......I'm glad no one told me and I misled my daughter with my hifalutin ideas about independence

It's a metaphor or figure of speech for the male/female relationship.

I don't see it as a fantasy. I see it as a theme in literature, through out the ages, that has a basis in the reality of the dynamics of the man/woman relationship. Of course my mother didn't teach me that this would happen and I didn't teach my daughter this would happen, the prince on his horse, etc. But deep down this theme does have a place in reality. Men tend to want to protect and women want to be protected and to nurture. If you can get the right man and woman together they will both protect and nurture each other and this is how the "happy ever after" comes in. Happy ever after might last 3 years. It could last 20 and it could last a lifetime.

The point is that most of us want a mate with backbone who can jump in and protect us when we need it. We don't want someone who is going to yank us in front of him to dodge a bullet so to speak. We don't want someone so wimpy that they are going to tuck tail and run the moment the going gets rough. We want a man, a real man who has a spine and looks out for our welfare. We want one we can depend on, a solid stand up guy. Everyday husbands and fathers sometimes are just as heroic as the princes and the knights of fairytales. Everyday women and mothers do amazing things for their families, too.

Fairytales are just romantic pictures of the dynamics between men and women. Will you find someone who is as good to you and for you as a "fairytale man"? It's probably not something that's just going to fall in your lap. You have to have wisdom and patience and sometimes a bit of good luck to find a man who is good for you and will be a good father.

Is getting married the only option for women? Is it a requirement that they ever have a "prince or a knight?" No, it's not. I hope all women will graduate from highschool, go to tech school or college, work and be independant. I've always told my daughter : you better have a good job skill and be able to take care of you because even if you get married, your husband could become disabled or die. Then you will be the sole bread winner. Don't ever think you can always depend on a man taking care of you.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit