What if men had been in subjection??

by FlyingHighNow 42 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What would the WTBTS be like if women were the leaders and men were in subjection?

• Would women treat men better than men have treated them?
    • Would the org. be so controlling?
    • Would women be happier?
    • Would men and children be happier?
    • Would the org. be kinder, gentler and more loving?

What do you think would be different? You can give a serious answer or you can give a funny one. Please do be respectful with your answers, one of the genders has a big ego. I won't say which.

And guys, do try to be more creative than saying there would be too much talking, nagging, etc. We know after Mini's Elder's Boys CLub thread that men are just as guilty of those human traits. I'm hoping for some intelligent answers from you.

For the women suggested listening while you ponder: I Am Woman by Helen Reddy.And well any of you guys that think it will help, you can listen to it, too.

Heather

• BlakesDoom
    BlakesDoom
    What if men had been in subjection??

Then things would still be inbalanced.

Blake- the male feminist

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Bttt

C'mon, you can make the answer short and sweet if you like. You don't have to answer the questions I listed. Just your ideas on the thought.

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

There is some island off the coast of ...Africa? where the roles of men and women are reversed. Men tend the children and the households and women take care of property/business and working outside the home. The documentary I was watching showed the men lined up dress up in costume and make up, waiting for the women to chose them. They also showed groups of married folk with the made up men sitting at tables discussing child care and the callousness of their mates while the women were at other tables smoking and talking business. It was like bizarre-o world. It seemed that the point was that men and women can slip easily into each other's roles. It is a matter of enculturation. One point made was that the women could be just as overbearing as the men in other societies. And the men could seem just as passive.

I don't think the wt society would be much better off with roles reversed. It is the foundation that the society rests on, that is the problem. Fundalmentalism and the results of too much power being in the hands of a few. And that the genders are set in opposition to each other--one subservient to another.

I think men and women are much more alike than different. It would be nice if we could all have an appreciation of each other and the power and ability all humans possess and appreciation for the biological differences that make us unique.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

They aren't in subjection? Are you kidding???

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    think men and women are much more alike than different. It would be nice if we could all have an appreciation of each other and the power and ability all humans possess and appreciation for the biological differences that make us unique. Particles and Waves

Parts, A very intelligent answer that gives us all something to ponder. I am lucky enough to be in a wonderful relationship where this appreciation you mention exists. I'd much rather see men and women get along, cherish and respect each other like we do than for one gender to be dominant. Still, I'd like to think most women would not treat men badly if women were in power.

They aren't in subjection? Are you kidding??? Stacy Smith

Shhhhhhhh, Stacy, some men might wonder in here, find your comment and figure it all out. They are, we've just got them convinced they aren't

Heather

• maxwell
    maxwell

Honey, clean out the garage.

Honey, cut the grass.

Honey, take out the garbage.

And no you can't go hang out with the boys at the bar.

Seems pretty clear who's in charge in some situations.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Honey I want sex NOW -- sounds OK to me

• Special K
    Special K

Wow.. I don't know flying high...

If women were at the top.. there would still be an imbalance of power.

Power is quite a mind altering thing.

Men in power are sometimes looked up to

Women with power tend to get labeled.. Margaret Thatcher.. "the Iron lady"..

Men in power.. Strong, Reliable..Stead fast..

Women in power.. Bitch...

...I know it's not fair. I always viewed being called a Bitch as sort of " YEAH, I finally made it..".. I have the power, Baby. l am a bitch.. Where is my trophy? Have a thank you speech prepared. I'd like to thank my.............

sincerely

Special K

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    ...I know it's not fair. I always viewed being called a Bitch as sort of " YEAH, I finally made it..".. I have the power, Baby. l am a bitch.. Where is my trophy? Have a thank you speech prepared. I'd like to thank my............. sincerely Special K

Special,Yeah, it's a mysterious thang it's hard to put your finger on, why powerful women are perceived as bitches.

Stilla, some of us already do that.

Honey, clean out the garage.

Honey, cut the grass.

Honey, take out the garbage.

And no you can't go hang out with the boys at the bar.

Seems pretty clear who's in charge in some situations Maxwell

Max, Hey, at least she's an affectionate boss, ey? She could be saying: Take out the Gdamn garbage a$$hole, NOW! Cut the f*&ck*%g grass you SOB. Yeah, you can go to that bar with the boys peabrain! Be sure to check your golfclubs for damage when you've returned. Oh yeah, and the garage?? I moved all of my porcelain doll collection and my back issues of Ms. Magazine in there. Your stuff is gone.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit