New "Annointed" Brother In My Old Hall...

by pale.emperor 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We had a "brother" that claimed to be of the anointed. Uber dub family. They moved away several years ago. Now he and his family can be found on Facebook in front of their Christmas tree. You just can't make this stuff up. lol

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Are all the GB members, past and present, partakers? When one dies and is replaced does that automatically buy you a spot in heaven?

Didn't somebody post here a few weeks ago the quote from the washtowel that basically said they are aware that among the many mental patients within the Org they now acknowledge that quite a few of them think they are on that first train to heaven, since they notice the number of partakers keep going up when in fact all 144,000 should've bought the farm decades ago?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the 144,000 is a literal number---composed of a symbolic 12,000 symbolic virgin males from each of the symbolic 12 tribes of a symbolic israel.

what a load of symbolics.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

My wife and I had a chance to associate with one anointed lady who was separated from her husband during that time. Some elders in the congregation warned us not to have close associations with her, as they never had a good opinion about her. Pretty much, most anointed are viewed suspicious as far as I have seen.

Deep in their minds, even a devout JW believe that these anointed stuff are all nonsensical, which reflects as their disbelief towards the anointed.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I keep wondering how long before Watchtower declares the 144k to be a symbolic number of a comparably small number of anointed in comparison to the great crowd. Being that likely that number would've been completely filled and then some in the first century, it would make "more" sense.

Then again, this was one of the most in-depth analysis I've ever read on the topic:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/96705/144-000-great-crowd-revelation

• John Free
    John Free

I doubt he'll have his pick of sisters after this revelation. The washtowel has already begun its response to the massive rise in anointed ones. Many are 'mistaken' others have 'mental issues'. It was highlighted in this thread-

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5472476249194496/todays-text-justifying-increase-annointed-ones

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

next week he will claim to be superman

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Living in that dub environment of no life, no personal identity constant Jehovah this faithful slave that hypnotic broadcasts with spinning globes and droning voices I'm surprised the number of young people now claiming to be annointed isn't higher.

Hey PE just a slighly off topic thought but would it be posible to wake someone up from their cult indoctrination via hypnosis?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Hey PE just a slighly off topic thought but would it be posible to wake someone up from their cult indoctrination via hypnosis?

Yes. The approach would be to "help" them realize that it's much nicer not being in a cult. Except, if they 100% believe and have zero doubt then it wouldn't work. But you could embed a post-hypnotic suggestion to shout "what a load of old sh*t!" every time someone says amen. That'd be fun.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Like the apostle Paul, I was caught away to the "third heaven" but fell back to earth with a thud.

Going to Bethel takes you to the sublime and leaves you with the ridiculous . . . I was "anointed" for about a week, woke up to reality, and found New York and my pitiful life there a real downer. The foreign language congo gave me some sense of worth and community.

I am so grounded and sensible now that I can't recognize myself when I look in the mirror.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit