If You Could Ask the GB Or One Of Its Members...

by Cold Steel 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...one question about anything and get a straight answer, what would it be? Historical, philosophical, theological, eschatological, anything.

First, what do you mean "if"? You can ask any question to them.

Second, If I could (which I believe I can) I still wouldn't bother. I have more important things to do.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You state that Jesus is ruling invisibly ,OK , I get tha , but how do you explain that he is also mute ?

• Heaven
    Heaven

What is the definition of 'soon'?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

There are some people out in cyberspace who try to provide answers to those with questions, but they're just members (JWAdvisors.com) with databases.

You state that Jesus is ruling invisibly, OK, I get that, but how do you explain that he is also mute?

I asked them that very thing. If the leaders do not receive revelation as the ancient leaders did, how would they know that Jesus returned invisibly? Especially when scripture clearly states that every eye shall see him.

Unfortunately, as soon as they ascertain that you're not red meat, they toss you aside, saying they don't have time to fool with you.

The two questions I put to them was the 1) 1914 invisible return one and 2) how they knew they were selected in 1918-9 as Jehovah's horse in the race?

Both are legitimate questions, of course. If you were to ask them:

What is the definition of 'soon'?

What could they say? Any day now? I was amazed that they referred me to their database for these questions.

How do they know about the selection of the Society in 1918-9? Here's a dump on all the articles that have been written in their magazines!

Circular reasoning. Very bizarre. The fellow defending the faith was very nice, but clearly out of his element. He wrote:

"I need to tend to my ministry, which does not include the command to preach to those who do not need a physician."

Yet, ostensibly, the purpose of his site was to answer questions outsiders had about the faith. He was very clear that he wouldn't answer questions by former JWs. I suppose the shunning policy applied. Serious inquiries and questions would be considered, but only if you were unhappy or had doubts about your present beliefs. But those stipulations are not anywhere on his website.

• schnell
    schnell
    Circular reasoning. Very bizarre.

Insight on the Scriptures is littered with circular reasoning. Their whole foundation is logical fallacy.

Not much of a rock to build on, is it?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Have you had unclean thoughts about women in your congregation and if so what were they? All the details please with dates and names.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Since your head is up your ass do you remove it before going number 2 or do you just swallow and let it go round again?

• schnell
    schnell

^ There's a new movie idea. The Human Ouroboros.

• Listener
    Listener

Since you know that young children believe that Caleb and Sophie are real, with Morris openly admitting that one child thought he was their grandfather, what are you going to do about that deception?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

They should have a video where Caleb discovers that Santa Claus isn't real. Then followed by a video where Caleb and Santa Claus discover that Caleb isn't real!

Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit