If You Could Ask the GB Or One Of Its Members...

by Cold Steel 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes indeed 'Cold Steel'. Many.... Perhaps I should rephrase my statement. The gb are incapable of giving straight answers to anything. Hence my assertion that any question would not get a straight honest biblical answer.

jtg.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Do you receive a salary or a massive expense account?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"In the February 2017 Watchtower, page 26, paragraph 12, the Governing Body confesses that it is neither inspired nor infallible and can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction. If any other J.W. admitted such serious failings, they would be subjected to an investigation and subsequent punishment by a judicial committee - in order to maintain the unity and spiritual cleanliness of the congregation. Why is the Governing Body above the laws they force on others?"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So if you are not inspired and get things wrong in terms of doctrine and policy just what is "spirit directed" then in the organzation? Toilet rotas?

If you are not infallible and not inspired and doctrines and policies are wrong then why do you expect people to 100% follow your counsel and make life-changing or even life-taking decisions that may not be true?

• schnell
    schnell

So hey, not inspired or infallible, right? Cool. What do you think of Matthew 15:14?

- or -

Does UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START get us everlasting life in difficult times hard to deal with?

• blondie
    blondie

I asked a couple, both pointed to the table in their room and said that is where I get the answers to my questions. You might think it was the bible but it was the newest editions of the WT magazines..............ink

If you think any of the GB speak alone for that group...guess again. Maybe with a few trusted friends, few. And then if they are quoted, they will deny it.

You will have to make do with any slips they make live on the podium.

• TD
    TD

To the OP:

Are we talking scopolamine? Sodium thiopental or perhaps amobarbital?

All kidding aside, I'd ask a helluva lot more than one question if given the opportunity....

• blondie
    blondie
    You can ask all the questions you want, just don't expect an answer.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Cold Steel - "If you could ask the GB or one of its members one question about anything and get a straight answer, what would it be?"

"How the hairy blue f**k do you people sleep at night?"

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

I have interesting conversation at the cart/trolley pitch with this very question . I paint a scenario of the gb standing with us ie 2 brothers and myself + 7 gb members standing together... all of us not inspired , not infallible and confess to making errors of judgement in biblical interpretation / understanding , i then ask the two brothers ,what differentiates us in terms of claiming to be the fds. At my last discussion one brother just outright said he takes their word for it through his faith !!? the other brother kept quite with a kind of spaced out look on his face. I felt at that moment a sense of vindication of my own reasons for not following these hypocritical charlatans .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit