Great Dinner Last Night In Seattle!

by codeblue 42 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

Just a quick "thank you" for all that showed up at Tony Roma's last night.

Mr. CB and I had a great time meeting all of you! It was a wonderful experience to put the "face" with the poster.

To any of you out there that have NEVER attended a meetup---please do not hesitate on going. It is worth the effort. You will find that there are people that "feel" just like you. You can learn from their life experiences and gain new friends, and friends that really care about you!!!

Codeblue

• bisous
    bisous

I second that emotion!!

It was such a great evening ... I think there were something like 22 people there! A couple of people took lots of pictures, so I'm sure they will show up.

Thanks to Gretchen956 for organizing it and thanks to Onacruse and Bikerchic for giving me a ride. I feel very grateful to have found this website and to be presented with the opportunity to build a community with people who have some of my same experiences.

p.s. nice to meet you Mr. and Ms. codeblue

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yes, "Thank you " Gretchen, for taking the time and energy to plan this evening!!!

Codeblue

• Princess
    Princess

We had a really great time too! It was fun meeting so many of you for the first time, and seeing others again. Now I'm really looking forward to Doodle-V and Savage's party when we can visit longer and roam around a bit easier.

Thanks Gretchen!

I'll work on the pictures this afternoon. I won't post pics of anyone who hasn't already posted their mug so let me know if it's ok.

Rachel

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Actually when I first suggested this I thought there would only be a couple people that would come. I had no idea that it would grow to the size it did. Other than that all I really did was make a reservation and post a couple messages.

I was really anxious about this meeting, for one thing I don't do well in large social settings, they make me very nervous. But from the first when I walked in it was like we all knew each other from before that evening. There were hugs and the welcome was genuine and warm. This makes it so much easier!

And I have to say that I have never met a bunch of nicer people in a long time. Very friendly, open, easy to talk to. And best of all, it was NOT a bash the JWs night. We did talk about our experiences some, but it was very positive.

Thanks to all of you for all of the above. I hope to make it to the next one.

Gretchen/Sherry

• pdx
    pdx

That's where all the Portland people were, because out of six that verified, only two showed up. Me and the person that needed a ride.

Next time I'm only going to go to the MEET-UP if it's in Portland. That way if no one shows, it won't be a long drive, but it was nice talking to the person in the car while driving.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

So great that you all had a good time. Yes we need to make the effort to reach out and meet face to face. I am so happy that you all had the opportunity to do this.

And as Gretchen said, it dosen't have to be a JW bashing occasion. Just the opportunity to get together with people of like circumstances. and laugh together is so good for the soul.

xjw_b12 who prefers humour to angst.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Just wanted to join my voice to the chorus. It was great to meet all of you wonderful people. I'm so glad everyone was able to travel out and be there. I hope to see all of you and more at the St. Patty's Day fest!

SNG

• Makena1
    Makena1

Sabine and I really enjoyed the dinner too. Gretchen - thanks again for arranging everything - you're a sweetheart.

It's such a small world - we found out we had a number of mutual "friends" still in.

Thanks to Mulan (who briefly wore a headcovering) too for getting the group started with telling more about their backrounds and experiences- some great stories and humor in the group. Brought us all that much closer together.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Hugs,

Mak and Sabine

OK to post pics

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Savage and I had a great time! It was great meeting new people and seeing people we've met again. Thanks again to Gretchen for organizing it.You rock! I hope to see you all again soon at the St. Patties day fest. Savage and I promise we wont try to kick you guys out to soon! Can you believe that manager who spoiled our fun? The nerve!!

A few of us met downtown afterwards and then went to Kareoke that was a blast too, SeattleNiceGuy you do a great Stevie Wonder!!!(btw, you're avatar doesnt do you justice, you're much cuter in person ) hehe Maybesbabies and Blueeyes it was so much fun hangin out with you guys last night, thanks again for the laughs!

Doodle-V and Savage-Buddha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit