U.S. Presidential candidate John Kerry

by Sneaky Russian 54 Replies latest social current

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

That is not the sound of hatred.

I would have said that the sound of hatred is the sinking of the USS Liberty by Israeli Fighter Jets where many Americans lost their lives. Or maybe even the bombing of a German nightclub which killed two American servicemen.

I don't know your agenda, but surely you can see that Israel is a bad friend for the U.S?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I don't know your agenda other than it seems to be quite anti Israeli. Israel is the most loyal friend we have in the region. Six million dead Jews made a good case for an Israeli homeland. You seem more upset by Jews defending themselves than by Palestinians killing Jews.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

No, I am quite pro Israeli. I hate any kind of civilian casualties, whether it can be classed as defending yourself or not... Jew AND Palestinian. I think we both agree that those will kill other civilians are the scum of the earth?

I like Israel, but I am afriad you are still to answer my question. How do you consider Israel your friend after she has killed your people?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

First, let's move this to the Israel thread and leave this one on Kerry....secondly...I've a bit more reading on the USS Liberty to do before I'm ready to comment.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Understood.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

"Kerry is a liberal, votes liberal and that makes him bad."

So..."Bush is conservative and that makes him great."

Yeah Brad...that pretty much works for me. "Second hand info" what else is there. Unless you of course are having coffee with the guy.Do you maybe hang with him and Jane? I have no respect for any man that would make the kind of comments about American Veterans that he has and then expect to become the leader of the "free world". Now is not the time to have a leader that has disdain for our military. If Kerry has his way, basically the United States will be in the position of taking a knife to a gun fight.
    The "liberal" way is not my way and having heard the bitching and moaning of my brothers and sisters, living in Massachusetts, and their disdain for the man's politics, I have formed my own opinions of him.

The sad thing is that I believe the Democrats will not be voting for Kerry becaulse they like him or his polotics, but rather because they hate Bush and his. I don't have any great affection for the current president. I do not agree that the Iraqi situation was handled the best way possible. I do see the need for what was and is being done, and the compassionate way it was done. Personally I would have been a bit more "heavy handed". Live and let live won't cut it anymore.
    There is no ideal candidate on either side.

I am better off than I was 4 years ago.
    I have never voted before.
    I will vote this time.
    I will NOT vote for Kerry.

Now can some one give me one good reason to vote for Mr. Kerry?

Thunder ===]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Yeru: :D John Kerry's War Record By Michael Benge FrontPageMagazine.com | January 13, 2003 As Sen. John Kerry, Massachusetts Democrat, considers a bid for the White House, Americans should know a few things about him that he might prefer go unmentioned -- and I don't mean his $75 haircuts. When Mr. Kerry pontificated at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Veterans Day, a group of veterans turned their backs on him and walked away. They remembered Mr. Kerry as the antiwar activist who testified before Congress during the war, accusing veterans of being war criminals. The dust jacket of Mr. Kerry's pro-Hanoi book, "The New Soldier," features aphotograph of his ragged band of radicals mocking the US Marine Corps Memorial, which depicts the flag-raising on Iwo Jima, with an upside-down American flag. Retired Gen. George S. Patton III charged that Mr. Kerry's actions as an antiwar activist had "given aid and comfort to the enemy," as had theactions of Ramsey Clark and Jane Fonda. Also, Mr. Kerry lied when he threwwhat he claimed were his war medals over the White House fence; he later admitted they weren't his. Now they are displayed on his office wall. Long after he changed sides in congressional hearings, Mr. Kerry lobbied for renewed trade relations with Hanoi. At the same time, his cousin C. Stewart Forbes, chief executive for Colliers International, assisted in brokering a $905 million deal to develop a deep-sea port at Vung Tau, Vietnam - an odd coincidence. As noted in the Inside Politics column of Nov. 14 (Nation),historian Douglas Brinkley is writing Mr. Kerry's biography. Hopefully, he'll include the senator's latest ignominious feat: preventing the Vietnam Human Rights Act (HR2833) from coming to a vote in the Senate, claiming human rights would deteriorate as a result. His actions sent a clear signal to Hanoi that Congress cares little about the human rights for which so many Americans fought and died. The State Department ranked Vietnam among the 10 regimes worldwide least tolerant of religious freedom. Recently, 354 churches of the Montagnards, a Christian ethnic minority, were forcibly disbanded, and by mid-October, more than 50 Christian pastors and elders had been arrested in Dak Lak province alone. On Oct. 29, the secret police executed three Montagnards by lethal injection simply for protesting religious repression. Thecommunists are conducting a pogrom against the Montagnards, forcing Christians to drink a mixture of goat's blood and alcohol and renounce Christianity. Thousands have been killed or imprisoned or have just "disappeared." The Montagnards lost one-half of their adult male population fighting for theUnited States, and without them, there might be thousands more American names on that somber black granite wall at the Vietnam memorial. As Mr. Kerry contemplates a run for the presidency, people must remember that he has fought harder for Hanoi as an antiwar activist and a senator than he did against the Vietnamese communists while serving in the Navy in Vietnam. Michael Benge is a Foreign Service officer and a former Vietnam POW (1968 to 1973)

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yeru: sorry above post done by me

• bisous
    bisous

hmmmmm....this thread started out as a lighthearted jab at Mr. Kerry's appearance.....and now we've all jumped down each other's throats to one degree or another! politics can definitely get folks all heated up!

For me,none of the candidates including Shrub have presented a persuasive case for my vote. Guess it would be easier if we did vote on looks, I'd have no problem picking out the cutest one. Instead, it is just which one will turn my stomach the least and do the the least amount of damage to our country and people.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I suppose I should have commented on the needles attack on Kerry about his looks before launching into his insane politics...there's so much more ammo there.
    After our great WAR HERO returned from VIETNAM...where he was a WAR HERO...in VIETNAM (and did actually save a guys life...credit where it's due) he testified before the congress about attrocities he saw durning VIETNAM...

HOWEVER...

Kerry wants us to remember that he served in Viet Nam and won a Silver Star, although he wants us to forget that he came home and called his fellow soldiers war criminals. He later admitted that he never saw any of the atrocities he testified to in front of Congress. The basis of his testimony--the Jane Fonda sponsored ''Detroit Winter Soldier'' event--has long been questioned and some say many of the ''veterans'' who testified at that event, were not veterans at all.

Yep, that's the guy we need for president...NOT

<~~~Yeru, who's suprised no one took him to task on the Kerry, Benidict Arnold, Tim McVeigh comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit