U.S. Presidential candidate John Kerry

by Sneaky Russian 54 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Attila,

If you want to talk about AWOL, shouldn't you say something about Bush's so called service in the Texas National Guard. You mean like the retraction of the Texas Air National Guard Commander who originally gave this "AWOL" story to the Boston Globe. Bush fulfilled his obligation. Sure, Kerry has a great military record, it's what he did AFTER the military that concerns me. This begins with his quite staged throwing of his medals (that turned out NOT to be his) over the White House Wall, to his "impromptu" speech before congress prepared by the Kennedy people, to his dismal record on the military and intelligence bills. Yes, Kerry had a good military record, but so did Benedict Arnold and Tim McVeigh. No, this isn't comparing Kerry to Arnold or McVeigh, just making the point that a good military record doesn't mean a good President. Plus, have you seen the recent numbers, Kerry is ahead and leading by 5 to 10% against Bush. That all depends on which poll you look at. My biggest problem with Bush is not always what he does but how he does it. Here in PA the college teachers are on the verge of striking because of a mere 40 million deficit, where is our help? We can spend over a 100 billion in Iraq in just one year, but we can't properly fund our states. It's the State's duty to fund the State, the Federal Government shouldn't be involved in Education. Now that we are though, it should be noted that Bush has spent more on Education than Clinton and the Democrats did. I'm not trying to get to political, and indeed I'm registered as independent, but I feel that we can do much better than our current leader who had given us massive debt and PR nightmare abroad. Who cares about Sadamm, The families of a million butchered Iraqis care' the families of Israelis (and Palestinians) blown to pieces by Saddam funded terrorists care...24 million Iraqis care. where is my Osama? In a no man's land between Pakistan and Afghanistan...we're still looking. Also, if you could openly vote as a Dub member, I'm sure that most would probably vote for Bush because he is so Christian. I thought this country represented freedom for everyone, not just the Christian Right, don't we have better things to do than ammending the constitution so gays can't get married? 70% of the US seems to think this is a good thing. Is this truly the most pressing issue our society faces that we have to ammend the constitution? Actually the issue is activist judges who make laws by fiat rather than their duty.Sometimes, I feel like I'm living during the Prohibition time period. No wonder this country spawned all kinds of crazy cults and religious fundamentals, i.e. Russel and his Org. And the ACLU and all those other whack organizations.

Biousis,

You mentioned repairing the reputation of the US? To what, that in which the world saw us as sell outs who wouldn't stand up for ourselves? The world now knows that at least as long as Bush is around we won't take too much BS...it convinced Libya.

Kerry will get the Dem nomination, it will be an interesting (and ugly [vindictive]) national debate...I foresee Bush winning.

• bisous
    bisous

Sorry Yeru, but none of your protestations on the 'world view' topic will ever, EVER work with me.

If you are in touch with world press, and have friends abroad (of which I have quite a few) you'll find that the majority world view of our country is one of an arrogant, greedy, hypocritical bully. We can thump our chests, dig in our heels, pound our fists, and close our eyes as much as we care to. We can quote a multitude of press reports, one-sided analyses, and twist the variety of facts and figures to justify our actions. It might make us feel better, but it won't change world opinion.

I don't want to get into a back and forth exchange on it. I've read many, many of your posts and threads and I'm well aware of your positions and politics. I know they are generally very different than mine. I prefer to agree to disagree.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

"In December of 1992, not long after Kerry was quoted in the world press stating "President Bush should reward Vietnam within a month for its increased cooperation in accounting for American MIAs," Vietnam announced it had granted Colliers International, based in Boston, Massachusetts, a contract worth billions designating Colliers International as the exclusive real estate agent representing Vietnam.

That deal alone put Colliers in a position to make tens of millions of dollars on the rush to upgrade Vietnam's ports, railroads, highways, government buildings, etc. C. Stewart Forbes, Chief Executive Officer of Colliers International, is Kerry's cousin." uh, who wants to bring up Haliburton now?

"In its 1993 final report, the Select Committee determined that live U.S. prisoners of war were left behind in the hands of the Vietnamese after the end of the war. The committee also claimed it found no "compelling" evidence proving the POWs remain alive today. Kerry's committee stopped there without answering three of the most profound questions of the entire Senate POW/MIA investigation: What happened to those U.S. prisoners of war ..." I don't think Kerry will get those POW's familes votes, no matter how liberal they are -- shame on that committee and our Country for leaving them behind to be forgotten.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian
    you'll find that the majority world view of our country is one of an arrogant, greedy, hypocritical bully

It's good to hear a person in touch with world opinions. The majority of Europe, including Russia, hold this very claim. As long as America dances to the tune of Israel then this will continue to be the case.

Of what I have heard from the people here in England, most are against Tony Blair and his persuit to walk step by step with George Bush. As Tony Blair and George Bush continue to make a mockery of their nations, we should remember that these leaders are at fault for promoting anti U.S and anti U.K agenda's, and not the citizens of that country.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Whose $#!T smells worse?

Bush

Kerry

Clarck

Liberman

Dean

Geeez. I hate to say it, but i could almost agree w yeru on this.

SS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    If you are in touch with world press, and have friends abroad (of which I have quite a few) you'll find that the majority world view of our country is one of an arrogant, greedy, hypocritical bully.

I also have a significant number of friends in abroad, before the US was viewed as an arrogant greedy hypocritical wimp. We'll do better being seen as a country that doesn't take shit.

Double Edge, that's a VERY interesting article, can you link it for me?

• bisous
    bisous

As I said, we can agree on one thing regarding the topic..... to disagree.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Double Edge, that's a VERY interesting article, can you link it for me?

I was quoting THUNDER's post on page one of this thread. It's long, but very informative.

• bisous
    bisous

Satan ( BTW I love any name with satan in it ...heh heh)

You are right on that one.....All Shat is Stanky....no matter what the affiliation....Stank to the left, Stank to the right...stank in the WH now and same old stank tryin to move in.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    As long as America dances to the tune of Israel then this will continue to be the case.

This is such an irrational reason for hatred, the US helps a struggling nation, the only democracy in the region, and we're vilified for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit