Curious about something ?

by Nadsam 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

How about asking, "What do YOU want the truth to be?" Jesus said, "I am the way and the TRUTH and life..." As for quoting, I'll quote anything and anyone.

About religion, did the Creator give man a religion?

Guest 77

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Who has the real truth then ?

No religion has a monopoly on what is correct or what is truth -- to think otherwise is pure arrogance

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Depending on the person and the circumstances, 'truth' is always relative, never absolute.

DY

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think 'truth' is one of those trigger words the WTS uses. I don't use it when it comes to religion. Not yet any way. I guess because I don't trust any religion yet not to be full of hypcrasy just like the WTS is.

I do have my bible and it is handy if I wanted it. But to be honest I haven't cracked it open since the day I decided not to go back.

It's funny, I had a dream last night and in it, I told a family member I didn't know if I believed in God any more. I think I still believe in him.. so it struck me odd to say that in my dream.

• Panda
    Panda

I agree w/ Avengers and use the Bible even though I don't accept it as god's word. But speaking from the Bible usually helps other folks to be more comfortable when discussing "truth." Even though there are certain truths, we need to admit that we may not know those. For example: Newton's theory was built on by Einstein who's theory of relativity is now widening to include a non-constant for the speed of light. So maybe we would be better to say that before a paradigm shift the TRUTH is relative to our knowledge. Once we learn that Truth has one more element into the equation then our paradigm shifts because we build on what we already proved as truth. That's why everything in science and math are called "theory of ____" because we need to always be ready to accept the next proof. This is where religion and science separate. With the Bible or Torah religionists believe that "ALL" you need to know was written long ago.

"What is truth" may be the most profound rhetoric of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit