Curious about something ?

by Nadsam 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

I would like to ask this question and ask for your patience please.

Who has the real truth then ?

I found this forum last year and since then I have read many posts. Many people are still eager to quote from the bible etc.Its almost as if they are still JW's. (I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but the language used at times is not the language of the churches) . My experiance was when I left the WT ten years ago that I basically never picked up a bible again. I am just saying that I lost all interest in religion because there are so many more contradictions even than the JW's. Not that I disagree with quoting the bible . But I keep asking myself as I read these posts why would one still believe in religion at all? Who can you trust for the real truth ? WHO HAS THE REAL TRUTH THEN ?.

One thing we have in common I suppose is the whole JW experiance in our lives and maybe we each just deal with our getting out differently.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

you do. dont ask, just know.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Exactly how PD said it: The truth is relative: it's all about what you choose to believe, feels right, ***makes you happy***, and doesn't harm anyone....that's just my opinion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Problem with "I have the Truth" is that the speaker automatically declares everyone else a liar. Truth is a journey. One of my favorite quotes:

We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after the Truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he has never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after the Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment- until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather.
    - Mark Twain, "What is Man?"

Here is an interesting argument from the Christendom contingent:

http://www.tcc.org.au/evidence/index.html

• dustyb
    dustyb

nobody and everybody has the religous truth because there are so many variations of it, and religion itself has went through so many filters of impurity....

• houdini
    houdini

We all have the truth in our own way

Truth is what we want to believe, and it doesn't really matter what other people believe, imho.

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

What is truth?

• talesin
    talesin

Nadsam

My experience is similar to yours. I just figured all religions were made-up belief systems, and have never picked up a bible since I left the lie either.

Personal philosophy: I'm here, doesn't matter how (although theories can be interesting to debate), and why not make the best of the time I have on the planet?

That having been said, I am respectful of the fact that others have a need to believe in G*d, so I don't ridicule or disrespect them, and in return I ask for the same respect.

talesin

• Sargon
    Sargon

There is no truth... just different degrees of falsehood!!

• Will Power
    Will Power

There is TRUTH ... about the truth. That is not relative - it is absolute !!

Sargon check your mail box.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit