Locking the doors durring the meetings

by Elsewhere 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    If you're late you have to knock on the door and be recognized through the peep-hole before they will unlock the door.

I'm surprised they didn't ask for a password.

Devon

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

I attended my first convention in years it was in Prince George BC

and they locked the doors in the arena, you could go out but the ushers had to let you in.

It had been along time since I was at one the last time was when you still could eat

anyway everyone is sitting around eating out of their brown bags and there is me starving.

• Poztate
    Poztate

GEEEEZ ELSEWHERE,

I thought you were smarter than that.They have to lock the doors to keep the people in,not to keep the people out

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, they started doing it at my last hall because a woman who was studying's husband. He kept coming in and yanking her out of the meeting. Then when the elders had a "little talk" with the husband he threatened to kill the PO. After the death threats, the doors were locked when the song began and not unlocked until the last song was over. There was, however a brother sitting at the doors to let you in if you arrived late. Talk about being embarrassed when you had to show up late for some reason. I have to admit we were afraid of the guy. That lady got baptized but she was treated pretty badly and she eventually ended up dfed.

Heather

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    If you're late you have to knock on the door and be recognized through the peep-hole before they will unlock the door.

I'm surprised they didn't ask for a password.

Perhaps you could start a thread for suggested passwords, Elsewhere...

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

A C.O. locked the doors after the field service meeting started to embarrass all those late by letting them stand outside. Real loving. It would have made me turn around and go home.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have a cousin who lives in Detroit, Michagan. At their KH they look the doors and the fence that is all around the compound oops I mean Kingdom Hall and he says, as he is an elder, and said that if any bro. and sister. are late its too bad, they will think twice about being late in the future. With a glee in his devious eyes..

To me this is the ultimate in control, Yes come to the hall be locked in and can't get out even if you have to leave for some reason. Too bad so sad. You are here to stay.

When my high and mighty cousin said this I thought you want people to feel as if they are prisoners. Next thing is :

Lemonade , or Koolaide , I concur with Blondie on this one.. Skull & Crossbones .Chugger

Love OrangefatcatOrange Fat Cat 15

Circle Of Hearts

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Er, ahem....looking back on my life as a witness (and reflecting on how I view life now), I kinda wish they'd locked the door on me, whenever they saw me drive into the parking lot..........

--- Dan

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I remember that they very often had to open the door for me.....

To go out was easy: the door was'nt locked at the inside.

• freelife
    freelife

They were locking the doors at my old hall for a while so if we were ever even close to running late my dad did not want to hassle with trying to get someone to open the doors. I loved being late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit