Beautiful New "Kingdom Hall"

by Sea Breeze 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Looks like a Tire and Muffler shop , in other words butt ugly.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They sure love their JW.Org logos ? did I count 6 on the one building ?

As for the one in Rotterdam ,The former Reformed Church in Overschie is for sale. This striking building from 1896 is currently still in use as a Kingdom Hall for a meeting for the Jehovah's Witnesses,The church still has the large stained glass windows on one side,

I thought that was interesting ,when a R&F JW has any dealings whatsoever with any of Christendoms Churches how well does that go down ?

I would also be interested to see a photo of the stained glass windows as in churches they usually depict a religious scene........ and they have tolerated one by Christendom in a kingdom hall ?

The mind boggles.

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are additional beams in the structure of the building, which make it easy to make gates instead of windows.

Сar service ready) Standard is not much different

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ Smiddy.

i know of several kh that were formerly churches. i could never understand that.

• tiki
    tiki

I am confused...isn't the first photo a gas station? The second ugly concrete box, yes...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

and how about the new look of the kh in Stroud, UK

Kingdom Hall in Stroud is getting a new look

• blondie
    blondie

In the olden days 60's 70's 80's, many KHs were built in residential areas and had designs that conformed to the style of family homes per local building codes. In fact, all of them in my area, 12 of them were like that. Only the ones that were on the outskirts of town were built with the traditional rectangular shape with an overhang over the middle entrance, some with some without windows (after AC used in KHs). Now that it seems that many halls are no longer in residential areas, maybe the WTS can get away from the residential appearance and use a commercial style.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    This striking building from 1896 is currently still in use as a Kingdom Hall for a meeting for the Jehovah's Witnesses,The church still has the large stained glass windows on one side,I thought that was interesting ,when a R&F JW has any dealings whatsoever with any of Christendoms Churches how well does that go down ?

I don't know if it's still in use, but here in NYC in upper part of Manhattan, we used to have a Circuit Assembly mtgs in an old Jewish Synagogue and just about everything was in an "as is" state, the pews, wooden benches were still in place.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I bet that new KH was painted with 1” brushes...

DD

• stillMS
    stillMS

LMAO.

Is it future McDrive/Starbucks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit