Zdravstvuite

by Sneaky Russian 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Thank you to all, very warm welcome.

Thank you for the link to Crises of Conscience! I know a lot of people who will love that! It will help a lot, I was never aware of this.

Ex elder, my mother is English!

I knew a little Russian..... dont know what happened to her though

haha!

Dosvedanya!

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Hello and welcome. Wow, you have lived through the opression of the Soviet Union and the Watchtower at the same time. I read of the difficulties in Russia and wish you success in your work and life. I have read of the strength and heritage of Russian people. Had a chance to try real Russian Vodka the other day. It wasn't clear but sort of a tan color and very good what I remember of the night we had it. Please stay on this board because it is very helpful and very kind hearted people come here. Best to ya. Carlton

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi and welcome Sneaky Russian.

Devon

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sneaky,

Welcome to the Board.

Latte,

If I'm not mistaken Zdravstvuite is a formal greeting in Russian, perhaps closer to "greetings" than to "hello". Can anyone back me up on this?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome to the forum Sneaky! Hope it helps you as it has me!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Sneaky Russian
    Sneaky Russian

Hello my friends and thank you again for the kind welcomes.

I have read of the strength and heritage of the Russian people

That is great to hear, Russians consider themselves very proud and nationalistic.

If I'm not mistaken Zdravstvuite is a formal greeting in Russian, perhaps closer to "greetings" than to "hello". Can anyone back me up on this?

That depends on where abouts in Russia you say it. Over near Alaska, it's viewed as an insult to bid a person goodnight in a Ukrainian dialect.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Greetings Sneaky Russian Russian Russian.

Welcome to the board of wonderful friends. I see Russia is experiencing the same things as the rest of the world, people are leaving the WTBS. It is interesting to have someone here from Russian, and like the others I hope you will be able to continue visiting our forum. Do you own a computer in Russia? Hope so. because we know very little about the WTS in Russia so you can be our spy and tell all of us the latest news.

Once again Welcome.

Love Orangefatcat.Orange Fat Cat 15

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Привет! Вы кажетесь знакомыми мне. Я знаю Вас от где-нибудь?

• logansrun
    logansrun

Damn pity about Trotsky, eh?

Bradley

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Yeru... it's not quite that formal... more like 'hello'. The informal greeting 'privyet' is like 'hi'.

Big Tex...Kogda ti uchilsa govorit po-russki?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit