Disappointed

by jhine 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I must admit I was sceptical about Love Actually even when it came out. Not my kind of film usually.

But I was quite emotional about the old Rocker who finally found who he should have been spending Xmas with, though he'd taken him for granted for years. His best friend and manager, who had been there for him all along, through his various broken marriages and sundry disasters.

And if course the writer dude who learnt his cleaners language so he could talk to her and ask her hand in marriage.

Though in reality people rarely notice those humble ones who keep the wheels turning quietly in the background (hello postal workers, nurses and public transport workers I'm right behind you with the strikes!)

• TD
    TD

So please don't be put off by me

I'll probably end up seeing it whether I want to or not. (Wife and I take turns picking the movie)

I do enjoy Rom-Coms when they're actually funny.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hugh Grant is an instant "channel changer" for me. Just the sight of him turns my guts. So no, I've never seen Love Actually and don't ever plan to.

Disappointing movies over the years?

FROZEN: Took the little kids because it was so hyped. Sickening. Almost walked out. My wife was in agreement.

AVATAR: Dumb as hell, most overrated movie of all time. James Cameron gets props for suckering everyone on this one.

BRIDGET JONES DIARY: Just like "Love Actually", I couldn't get 5 mins into it. Say, isn't Hugh in this as well? If so, double-yuck.

FOOTLOOSE: I'm a huge 80's movie fan, but I must admit this is the 1 80's film that I think I've seen once as a kid, and decided right there it was stupid and would never watch again. I just can't.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

AVATAR:, I never saw it, Have no intention of seeing it either.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The last few James Bond’s have been pretty underwhelming. Everything AppleTV or Netflix brought recently is high in production quality, but very poor on the story end. Basically the way you judge movies to be good these days is low scores in the professional review on Rotten Tomatoes and high scores in the audience review.

One movie I did enjoy was Prey, a movie in the Predator universe, if you’re into that. Very underrated, not preachy, decent acting for what is basically a B-movie. Terror on the Prairie is another western that is basically B-movie with some great actors and an excellent story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit