Disappointed

by jhine 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• jhine
    jhine

So last night me and hubby got round to watching Love Actually for the first time . Seemingly everyone says that it's a must see Christmas film , people watch it numerous times .

Sorry to say l was underwhelmed and won't bother watching it again. I should add that hubby quite enjoyed it .

So have any of you had an experience of feeling disappointed by an experience that had been hyped up by other people? A film , book , play or song maybe .

Jan

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yeah, I felt like that the first time I watched Avatar (2009).

I've recently posted a half-assed review of the Avatar sequel on this forum.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I saw the first Avatar, don’t care to see the second.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i rarely watch any modern films--mostly because i dont understand them.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

has anyone seen the most recent james bond film ?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We watched Love Actually last night (it won out over Christmas Vacation). Years since we’ve seen it. I’d still rate it “above average” Hugh Grant seems like a guy that would be great to go grab a beer with.

Re: recent new flicks— I’d recommend “Elvis”.

There must be very little talent remaining in Hollywood.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''There must be very little talent remaining in Hollywood.''

And,,no imagination.

Just boring,

• TD
    TD

Haven't seen Love Actually, but thanks for the heads up

In the same vein: A female coworker recommended The Notebook (2004) as a good movie to watch with my wife. We both thought it was insipid.

On the flip side of the coin, we recently watched the movie Delicious. (2021) I was prepared to hate it, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

• jhine
    jhine

TD l should say that l seem to be the only person in the world that doesn't think that Love Actually isn't brilliant. My husband liked it . So please don't be put off by me

Jan

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I aked my wife that question Jan and she said she has seen itnumerous times and loved it . I don`t know that I`ve ever seen it maybe not I`m no fan of hugh grant at any time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit