CO asked for everyone 20 years old & younger for a group photo

by LevelThePlayingField 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

There was a CO visit in Ohio a couple weeks ago. When he was finishing up his Sunday talk he said that he would like if "all the children that are from this congregation, not if you're just visiting, but from this congregation to come on up on the stage right after the meeting because I want to get a picture of you."

I thought to myself, WHY? Why would he want a picture of everyone who is 20 and younger?

Has anyone else had this happen in their hall? What could he possibly want with it?

Bizarre.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Yes, it happened at mine before I stopped going. CO asked for all the kids on the platform for a photo.

No idea why.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes. We had a CO do that years ago. I think they like equating themselves to Jesus. "Let all of the little children come to me. " lol

Funny, that particular CO was a assh*le!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

There was CO who asked all the kids to write a poem or drawing and place them on the platform so everyone could read them before and after the meeting. Sounds all well and good, right?

Well, come thursday night arrive at meeting to find people miling round the platform strewn with poems and drawings, then CO(L) Klink instructs the elders to remove the ones that were "inappropriate" - wait, whaaaaaaat!

The collection looked quite depleted after the Farenheit 451 squad completed the purge and after perousing them from what I could tell a couple of poor old Jesus on a "stake" drawings didn't make the final cut I'm afraid (lol) couldn't say what the other stuff was.

But seriously come ooooon what a dick thing to do.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Has anyone else had this happen in their hall? What could he possibly want with it?

Not a CO, but I remember, way back when, some elder guest speakers from other congregations were very fond of the younger crowd. As for the reasons, I'm not sure that they necessarily need to be nefarious. However, parents should always be cautious about outsiders who are too friendly.

You just never know.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh I forgot to say there was a sub CO that gathered the youvs for a photo after the sunday meeting.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

No group photo of children but we always had a D.O. stay at my parents house. I was about 12 years old at the time. Half a hour after I went to bed he would come into my room turn the light on and just stare at me for a few minutes then turn the light off and leave without saying a word. It was very creepy but that is all he did. Maybe I was to old for him. Still Totally ADD

• flipper
    flipper

STILL TOTALLY ADD - Your statement about the D.O. doing this, " Half an hour after I went to bed he would come into my room and turn the light on and just stare at me for a few minutes then turn the light off and leave without saying a word. "

Good gawd man, was that freaking Ted Jaracz who did this to you ? He was a D.O. out here in California in the 1960's and was allegedly charged by young JW victims of molesting them back then. One woman even hunted him down at Bethel when he became a GB member and confronted him on the Bethel steps about abusing her years before !

My dad & mom had Jaracz and his wife stay at our house when I was 11 yrs.old as my dad was City Overseer and although Ted Jaracz didn't bother me- his wife wanted to wash my hair as she had been a hair stylist. I thought she was gonna damn near rub my scalp raw as she worked the shampoo in really way too hard. I don't know if she had something against kids due to Ted's penchant for possibly abusing kids - but it was too damned rough on an 11 year olds scalp. I told my mom & dad " don't ever let somebody do that to me again " . Jesus Christ. The things we had to put up with just being an elders kid. Total crap. Take care, Peace out buddy, Mr. Flipper

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Maybe the COs do that to encourage and convince themselves that there are still some young people left in the cult.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I imagine they show that to the child after s/he is an adult when they are thinking of leaving the Borg.
    "Look at that young person ready to serve, surrounded by friends. What happened to that person?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit