Oprah For President!

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT
    Before 1947, all of this area was relatively peaceful.

So the solution to the problem is to let the French and British run it again?

• VW.org
    VW.org
    So the solution to the problem is to let the French and British run it again?

No. This is what happens when there is foreign interference. The British are just as guilty.

• cofty
    cofty

Last year I committed to reading about the history of the Israeli - Palestinian conflict from both perspectives. I studied the history of the Middle East from ancient to modern times via the Caliphate, the Ottoman Empire, The Sykes-Picot agreement, the Balfour Declaration and the establishment of modern Israel.

Anybody who thinks it's morally simple doesn't understand it.

By the way while British troops were dying to liberate France from the Nazis the French were selling arms to Zionist terrorists to kill British soldiers in Palestine. Treacherous bastards.

• cofty
    cofty
    Before 1947, all of this area was relatively peaceful.

Did you mean to say before 1918?

Shall we reinstate the Ottoman Empire?

• VW.org
    VW.org
    Shall we reinstate the Ottoman Empire?

Better than the status quo.

Talking about for the area of Palestine.

• cofty
    cofty
    Better than the status quo

So you're okay with Turkish Muslims invading Palestine but not other empires.

You should read some history.

• VW.org
    VW.org
    So you're okay with Turkish Muslims invading Palestine but not other empires.

At least Palestinians owned their own property.

Today they have been pushed off their property and are restricted in their travel, access to medicine, food supply, clean water, Building supplies. Etc.

• cofty
    cofty
    At least Palestinians owned their own property

Do you know anything at all about the Middle East under Ottoman rule?

I'm not defending Israel. I'm pointing out that it is far more historically and morally complex.

• VW.org
    VW.org
    Do you know anything at all about the Middle East under Ottoman rule?

In the last hour or so I have read about the empire on Wikipedia. Pretty barbaric. Islamic ideology has truly shown it's true colors.

Seems as if every country since has added to the misery of these people.

When will it end. The Jews have done their bit also with their belief that they are gods chosen people. Might I add that Jehovah's Witnesses have oppressed people too.

Time for people to be educated.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

As much as I love Oprah, I'm quite fed up with Americans putting showmanship and celebrity status over real leadership. She will have to be very, very convincing to a person like me for me to vote for her in a primary of any party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit