Oprah For President!

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Recently he goes to Israel and lets the Israeli prime minister make Jerusalem the capital of Israel. There were enough tensions between them and the Palestinians as it was.

The sole source that continuing conflict lies with the Palestinians who refuse to take part in any meaningful peace protest. They paid $360m to terrorists last year, money that was supposed to be invested in infrastructure. It's time the international community stopped it's closet anti-semitism and dropped support for them - treat them like the cancer they are.

Trump actually did what many, many presidents before him (including Obama) promised to do (recognize Israels decision). Refusing to accept it would be equivalent to the US deciding that they don't accept London is the capitol of the UK.

• LV101
    LV101

Trump is making positive corrections of the previous 8 yrs. of corruption and total failure. He's doing what he promised -- ummm, sorry Dems.

He's a genius at business and it certainly takes more than being a TV celeb star/lifetime politician or attorney who realizes they can't work it hard and turning to politics for easy wealth like -- oh my, too many to mention.

• sir82
    sir82

He's a genius at business

Stable. "He's a stable genius at business." You, like, forgot the "stable" part.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, if O becomes Prez she will make racial equality a reality. 🤫

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just what we need. A TV show personality that promotes loonies selling worthless and possibly dangerous supplements, and the anti-vaccine crowd.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-health-advice-oprah-could-make-you-sick-80201

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2009/05/say_it_aint_so_o.html

• minimus
    minimus

I agree Jeff

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    If she has political aspirations, she should serve in a lower capacity first. Having someone in that position without knowledge of diplomacy, international norms, and governing experience........lets just say that is already a failed experiment.

Completely agree. To illustrate this, when was the last time you have seen a multinational company just randomly take a celebrity and make it their CEO? Well never.....

Why? Because the idea is that someone needs to understand the space that they operate in. This is why CEO's are selected based on the experience (and yes personality) they have in business.

If Oprah wants to get into politics, then go ahead. Get experience and eventually she might be ready. There is no way she would get my vote.

• VW.org
    VW.org
    Israel is a sovereign, recognized nation. President Trump did not let Israel do anything. Israel does as it pleases.

Israel only became a state in 1947. This was due to the holocaust. Palestinians were forced from their properties that they had owned for generations. Even now in the West Bank, Palestinian land owners are being forced from their properties for the expansion of Israeli settlements.

Before 1947, all of this area was relatively peaceful.

How would you like it if I came over to your property and forced you out by gun point and resumed your land.

• minimus
    minimus

The fact is Israel is a state. No US president rules over the state of Israel.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Nobody thought Trump would win -not even Trump. So, never say never, I spose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit