Not Everyone Is Welcomed At The Kingdom Hall

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

We had a sister in my congregation who had been disfellowshipped three times for having adulterous affairs with three different brothers. No action was ever taken against any of the brothers because each one of them married her after she was granted a divorce from her previous mate. Each time, she was reinstated very quickly. How is this possible? Quite simple, really: Her father was the Presiding Overseer.

• sens
    sens

damn.

In our cong. one of the elders was having it off with his bible study (sort of gross thought if you knew them both old, wrinkly etc) He was df...but reinstated...it amazed me that not long after he was df , his bible study got dipped and now , He, His Wife and The Third Leg now all go 2 the hall....living happily ever after i guess. . .lmfao.

• happy man
    happy man

Well lett me tel unother picture, in our cong the most respekted elder have an afair widh unother mans wife fore a long time, several years, he was only putton reproff, the cong is schock and many have dfd him fore them selfs, but the elders dont like this at all, and try to force the co´ng to forgive him, telling that if we not stopp this we can be dfd our selfs, so this is help the bad man and dont think about eh wicktim, who are komplitley broked down and have put in fore devorce, the chioldren are also feeling very bad. I thnink what you tell here was very good done of the elders, to keep the cong happy. If you do so bad things as take your freinds wife, and aspecilay if you are some sort of spirutal leader, i think it is like HEBr 10:26-27.

In some way it seems fore mee that in many cases the viktim have a week position, it is the offenderwho must have forgivnes, and nowan care about the viktim terribel i think and very sad, ans also unbelevebel, beaucause the bibel is so clear abóut this.

Forgivnes is very dificult when it comes to peopel as have abused others, ot hurt others very badley, how many of you here can forgive someone as have rape your child fore exampel, or come to your huse to give spirutal help as an elder, and use this to take your wife?

• shotgun
    shotgun

I don't know if the elders were right to keep them away from the hall but it would have shown alot of concern or love for the mate who had not committed an offense if they went to another hall.

I've gone to a hall where the reinstated couple now attend and the original mates still go there although they are now single...it's strange.

• blondie
    blondie

I know a brother who was forbidden to attend the KH where his ex-wife and children attended. But that was because Caesar's law forbad it because because he was a convicted abuser. As to any other situation, what would they have done if there was no other KH within 50 miles? Hmmm? I'm no supporter of adultery, but sounds pretty vindictive. If these people were reinstated, didn't the original JC have to make that determination? Were they part of this same elder body?. Sidepoint: I always wondered how David could continue as king even after being "forgiven" for murder and adultery.

Blondie

• Room 215
    Room 215

Odrade, I'm totally with you -- and the hard-assed elders-- on this one!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Yeah, I knor a case where a family was banned, sort of. I don't know that they ever made an attempt to return after they were told not to come back. These people were filthy, I mean eye watering, toss your breakfast filthy. The whole congregation turned out to clean their place and them top to bottom, sparkling clean, scented like a spring breeze. Really kind direction was given on how to remain in that condition, a veritable cornucopia of materials was given to them to help them stay cleaned up. Two months later the pigs were trying to stay up wind of this bunch. The whole congregation turned out, etc. etc. the whole deal again. Two months later it was gag a maggot time again. The body of elders met them at the door on Sunday morning and told them they weren't welcome until they cleaned up. They didn't, and didn't come back. In addition to being filthy, these people didn't really have any redeeming characteristics, I mean they were spit on your floor nasty.

I'm with the Elders on this one.

• shera
    shera

I had a friend who was DF and when she was reinstated,she was still shunned by an elders family.She was marked as well.

She moved to the other side of Canada,for she could start over.

blah

• El blanko
    El blanko
    I always wondered how David could continue as king even after being "forgiven" for murder and adultery.

Hmm.. that always threw a spanner in my works as well. But fortunately it is an example of Godly judgement and insight over our own. The circumstances surrounding that adultery were very bad as well, so there is hope for us all no doubt !

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I have to agree with Odrade on this one. That was so pre-meditated. But the mindset of JWs seem to be, "oh well it's a sin, and we'll serve the mandatory parole time, then we'll be ok"

Meanwhile it is the other couples, who have to live with that pain.

What happened to the sin against God? Obviously they are serving the congregation, not woshipping the god whose name they bear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit