Not Everyone Is Welcomed At The Kingdom Hall

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of a couple that left their mates so that they could be with one another. The elders promptly disfellowshipped them. The couple made it known immediately, that they were going to apply for reinstatement as soon as possible. The elders became incensed that the couple thought that within a year or so, they'd be reinstated. So they told them that in order for them to EVER get reinstated, they'd have to go to a different Hall. The elders felt that the congregation, especially the innocent male mate, was so upset by this couple's adultery, that they would never be welcomed in the congregation again. One time the couple came back to the Hall to hear her child's talk. The elders went over to them and actually asked them to leave---for the peace of the congregation!!! After about 3 years, the adulterous husband got reinstated and the following year, the wife did, too. Even though these people did have some family and friends in the congregation that they were disfellowshipped in, they knew the ELDERS DETESTED them!

• Gopher
    Gopher

"Oh welcome one another as Christ Jesus welcomed youuuuuuuuuuuuuu...."

"Since Christ died for your brother surely he is welcome tooooooooooo...."

• JH
    JH

Where's the forgiveness that Jesus talked about?

• minimus
    minimus

To this day, these people are still "marked".

• JH
    JH

Marked = not forgiving

• Odrade
    Odrade

You know, I gotta say in this case, good on those elders. Clearly the whole thing was pre-meditated. I knew of a couple of situations like that, but the sneaky cheating wife/husband swapping mates got the minimum disfellowshipping 6 months and then were all right back a part of the social group. The innocent ex-mates became the outcasts, and they really were the innocent mates. Bleh. Granted, I don't believe in the biblical validity of the disfellowshipping doctrine, but if it's going to be used, it should have consequences for someone who deliberately hurts their mate like that. Or more to the point, I don't think it's wrong for the offending parties to be made to feel like they would be better off to another Kingdom Hall.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm aware of other similar cases and these same elders did not go to this point. They simply DETESTED these people.

• minimus
    minimus

Did anyone here ever know of someone that was actually BANNED from going into the Kingdom Hall?

• Dawn
    Dawn

Well...not yet

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE
    Did anyone here ever know of someone that was actually BANNED from going into the Kingdom Hall?

No...............not even the unrepentant pedophile that abused my kid and would sit and stare my child out at the meetings after I got df'ed for supposed slander of his fleshly brother.

And not even after abusing my kid and playing with other children in the hall.

I would have appreciated the elders banning that pig from the hall but he was protected and supported while my family was shunned and humiliated.

Call me bitter...............thank god I'm out.

Cheers, Bliss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit