Did you EVER falsify your report card ?

by Chook 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• tiki
    tiki

I'd like to know if there ever was anyone who didn't pad the hours.....

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I used to pioneer with some one who got really behind on his "time". Well close to the end of the service year, this person started putting 175 hours per month. No one believed these were true hours, but how could anybody prove it?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    I used to pioneer with some one who got really behind on his "time". Well close to the end of the service year, this person started putting 175 hours per month. No one believed these were true hours, but how could anybody prove it?

When I was a 17-year-old regular pioneer there was a 19-year-old pioneer in my congregation who I knew was faking his hours. I'd rarely see him in service. He'd often oversleep when we were supposed to go out together, and I'd have to go get him out of bed.

He was always careful to ask how many hours I had put in so far in the service year so that he would always be only 10 or 20 hours behind my pace. Then in August he all of a sudden wanted to go on vacation and lo and behold he somehow had managed to finish his 1,000 hours one month early. This was going to be a well-earned vacation without worrying about having to complete his time. Meanwhile, I had to put in a 12-hour service day on August 31st to finish out the service year.

Within a year he was publicly reproved for sleeping with a married sister.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I faked the last 6 months. I figured I'd been lied to for so long by the WTBTS that it was ok.

I counted the literature that I threw in the garbage as placements.

The last few months I only carried a bible (NWT, lol I didn't quite have the balls to carry another version.)

My wife and I would go to the meeting for field service and say we had calls so just the two of us were going. Then we'd go out to breakfast.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I used to put my real hours on there until I was about 20 years old but then one Thursday evening a "local needs" talk was given in which the asshole elder read out a report slip "from young one" that was 4 hours then said a 70yo member of the congregation reported 40 hours. It was a shaming talk.

From then on my report slip was a work of art. Always 10+ hours a month, about 7 books placed, 20-30 mags and 4 return visits or thereabout. I did that for about 10 years!

It was a tissue of lies. And that's just mine. How many others around the world were/are doing that? The boasting reports from Bethel are meaningless.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

The better question would be:

Did anyone ever turn in a truthful report card?

• waton
    waton
    Did anyone ever turn in a truthful report card?

S: not on this forum. we would not have 5 entertaining pages of Truth About The Truth. it would be a thread like "are brothers allowed to comment at the wt study?"

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I started out a very conscientious pioneer, but when I approached the end of the month and was ten or twenty hours short, I ‘borrowed’ from the next month. It wasn’t long before the time spent in the first week or two of any given month was included in the previous month’s report. I didn’t see it as falsifying, so my conscience remained clear. A couple of times I managed to get the deficit down to single figures, but when I started to wake up the whole thing became a fallacy – hours, placements, studies, the lot. I spent many hours standing on doors knowing that no one was home, towards the end I didn’t even bother knocking on the door. My last year of service probably amounted to 120 hours, of which I reckon I spent less than 120 minutes actually talking to people. The weird thing is, even now after nearly 40 years, I still have the occasional dream about being on field service.

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle

PIMO here, but still "reporting". Haven't stepped foot on a doorstep in at least 2 years.

• GizmoSnicket
    GizmoSnicket

My thing was I was usually just bad with keeping track. I would look back and approximate how much I went out (usually I only did Saturdays + one weekday each week). As time went on, I started caring less and less. Before I began to truly "fade away" I would literally report down 3 hours a month, my first act of rebellion was showing them how little time I spent (and cared).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit