Did you EVER falsify your report card ?

by Chook 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

If I didn't falsify it, I didn't turn it in.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

When I was a true believer, the most I would do is around up 45 minutes or more to the next hour. Once I became PIMO and realized it was all BS, I felt free to make it up. I haven't gone out in years, but still turn in time to keep under the radar.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I started off being incredibly meticulous about maintaining time. I'd keep a notebook, round to nearest 5 minute interval and exclude any time spent on breaks, regardless of how inconsequential.

This approach pissed off nearly every Witness I went to service with, especially other regular pioneers. I discovered quickly that nearly everyone of them was knowingly exaggerating their time. With some of them, their justification for counting time the way they did went beyond farce. I've shared some of those stories here over the years.

During my final two or three years with the Witnesses, I would write down a few hours on a time slip every now and then. Sometimes I just hadn't kept good records and guessed. On some occasions I just didn't care and wanted to avoid being labeled as an "irregular" publisher. As someone mentioned above, the elders did not care. They lied about time themselves. The congregation secretary didn't want the hassle from the circuit overseer, so he was more than happy if you "estimated" a few hours every month.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back in my teens--the early 60's. pioneering (100hours a month) my time started with the first door i knocked---on my way to the group meet up. even if there was no one home. it ended when i got back home. no matter what i did all day. that included coffee breaks--lunch breaks--snooker hall / ten pin bowling/ visiting the sick/ visiting anyone at home./ painting out the KH lavatory / driving to a different cong area to visit a friend. i learned all these tricks from the circuit overseer !

i knew some parents were handing in time slips for their own offsprings who hadnt been to a meeting for years.

• btlc
    btlc

When I was still PIMI, I was always honest with my reporting. Later, when I woke up and quited with preaching, I stopped my reporting, and then brother who was in charge literally asked me to "report anything, at least one hour", or else he must remove my card to separate folder, fill some forms, then elders must visit me and fill some more forms, othervise CO will bother them because he should fill some forms, etc, so to save everybody's time "please, please, send anything, on my responsibility". So I felt sorry for poor brothers and continued to report, even fake.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I used to walk a lot...to work etc...would drop a tract somewhere when I left the house...dropped another at the end...counted the time in between.

3 hours a day easy...never spoke to anyone.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I would never lie about my own time sheet (that would be plain wrong) but as a kid I’d sometimes turn in time slips for other people ( loaded with lots of hours, return visits, books and bible studies) just to see what would happen. Sometimes I’d turn in a normal slip, with no name on it . It was such a power rush when they’d announce from the platform that the “Phantom Publisher has struck again”

P.S... I made that all up... I only wish I’d have thought of it LOL!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

stan - you learnt all the time counting tricks from the CO. I remember being given a whole new angle on counting time when I worked with someone who served where the need was greater. In Boots buying eye shadow - you can count your time. I think that was a bit extreme. And no she didn't place a tract.

I'll never forget an elder saying to me - "I am just going to support the brothers on the trolley." So he walked up the road, looked at the trolley and went into Specsaver.

• dothemath
    dothemath

I think all still reporting should "overlap" their hours with previous months. 😀

• waton
    waton

There was a difference in reporting for special and regular pioneers. specials had to work 150 hours each month, and report the people they had brought to baptism!, whereas regulars could "bank monthly hours to fulfill the yearly 1 200 quota.

With J----H the great time keeper, but not proven peeper, who could prevent you to be inventive, when mother was so finicky?

There is a story of a CO on his way to the next far congregation, stopping in the morning at a pioneer home, and finding the group still in bed, but one of them writing a letter, and the lot admitting to all counting time, not just a car group, a bed group.

No wonder wt manages to report 10 minutes of witnessing time for avery breathing human on earth. year after year. Following the Ethiopian's example the world could be the "new" by now, without the mess to be cleaned up by birds. and jw bone burying squads working for 7 years,

still reporting time I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit