When did district conventions become regional conventions and why?

by slimboyfat 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    They have to keep changing the terminology so they can spot the ones who are not current or active.
  • bradford
    bradford

I think this is just regular old marketing and rebranding as new pieces move in and out of departments who make these milestone changes.

The reality is they can market this crap however they want, it isn't helping any more.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Reminds me of the "new" items on the Taco Bell menu.

Amazing, from a marketing standpoint, that they can take 3 basic ingredients and keep coming up with something "new" on the menu.

Rub a Dub

• millie210
    millie210
    blondie
    Has it been made official now, no more DOs?

Yes it has.

D.O.s are gone. Now its all on the C.O.s as far as being the go between.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I thought that made sense. The Borg will always change terminology and understanding on things to perhaps ''sniff out'' people who don't keep up. It's a control mechanism.

That way, if someone says ''District Convention'' instead of ''Regional Convention'', if the wrong ears hear it maybe the Elders can arrange a shepparding call to sniff out doubters and critical thinkers.

• careful
    careful
    It keeps the average R&F member focused on petty terminology that does not really matter. Jehovah forbid that they should think about something significant, like biblical doctrine, the hypocrisy of their leadership, fairness, etc.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit