I need some help

by Akid48 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Akid48
    Akid48

@Giles Gray

Thank you and yes my aunt is my legal guardian so i cant bring it up with here i have to say after the un thing i looked up i will go on jw facts i have been thinking that there was something off but i just now got it a few days ago

being a jw has done somethings for my school like not being able to join honors band for meeting days etc i was getting controled by my moms and dads death i would say that made me start thinking about JWs

side note: and the Australian Royal Commission makes me want to go on jw facts

• never a jw
    never a jw

Whatever you do, DO NOT, Do NOT get baptized. It's a very serious decision with enormous repercussions. In the case of JW's is far more serious than deciding to marry someone. At least you can put an end to marriage with divorce, and if there's no children you move on. But you can't divorce the JW's without paying a huge price that in many cases chases you to the tomb.

I liked JW's for 20 some years until I did my research (I am married to a JW). I still love the brothers and sisters, but my opinion is entirely the opposite when I think of the religion and its leaders. I absolutely hate those despicable people.

My son was exactly your age when I did my research. I immediately pulled him out cold turkey after few days of research. He is happy now looking at the future as an open universe of choices. Hadn't I pulled him out, he would have had one choice only: be a drone and a slave of the Watchtower for a lifetime.

Pretend, stall, lie. Do anything, but never acquiesce to baptism pressures.

• freddo
    freddo

If your parents died when you were five then you may well get a lot of "don't you want to see your parents in the resurrection?" type of stuff.

The resurrection "hope" "brought in" a lot of adults, let alone a youngster.

Have you thought about how you will deal with that kind of emotional manipulation? (Which is what I now believe it is)

Not an easy time for you especially if you are only 13.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@freddo

thats is what i get a lot A LOT

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    Akid48:-"thats is what i got a lot A LOT"

Phew! That's tough.

You are doing phenomenally well to stand up to that.

• Akid48
    Akid48

@giles Gray

I had to get in my mind that im ok at only looking at pictures of my mom and dad

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Just to give you a hint at how bad this is, go to the library and get the book 1984 by George Orwell. It's not anti JW's per se, but it's the best book to describe totalitarian governments, high mind control groups and cults. The reason I suggest the book is because you will run into these type of groups time and again. JW's are not the only one, they just happen to be one of the worst ones among the big ones. The book is rather short and easy to read. And it won't get you in trouble. Usually is read and analyzed in high schools in the U.S. Get an early peek. You will do very well in life if you steer away from these groups.
  • freddo
    freddo

"Akid"

I wish I knew what happened at death. I don't - despite being an ex elder and having been a jw pretty much all my life from young childhood. But I no longer trust the jw explanation of earth for some and heaven for a few and death at "Armageddon" for billions.

If you are to see your parents again - and if I am to see my dead loved ones again I do not believe it is dependent upon a religion/cult that for nearly 140 years has got every prophecy wrong, only had an earthly hope on offer for the last 80 years or so and can't predict when Armageddon is coming if at all. (See Luke 21 v 8)

• Akid48
    Akid48

I have to do my family worship right now so i well respond to you guys when im back might be a hour or two sorry.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Hey, I just remember that I was about your age when I said good bye to my Catholic faith. For me that was not a problem. I just made the decision. Sure my mom was disappointed, but she was understanding of the fact that I had to make my own choices, even at that age. I was very lucky for having that kind of mom. You are in a much tougher position, but you sound like the kind of person that can handle it quite well.

I live in L.A. just in case you need some help other than advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit