"Jehovah will satisfy all our desires in the new system!" Are you sure about that?

by nowwhat? 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Bill ,a non witness is killed driving home after work, providing for his family. He left behind his wife and 3 kids all under 8 years of age. Armageddon comes the very next month. Next thing you know bill and millions of others are resurrected in the new world! Frantically bill and the others start scrambling around looking for their loved ones. " where are they? Where's my family?!" A panicked Bill asks the elders in charge. "Oh you see they were not jehovahs witnesses when Armageddon arrived so Jehovah lovingly destroyed them! But you get your very own panda!" Now does this make sense to you?

• tiki
    tiki

Were you never advised not to speculate? And that gods thoughts are not those of man......sigh.....

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My heart's desire is to fly and breathe under water not pet pandas.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wanted a jag in the new system.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I had a jag in this system.

Don't wait. If you want one get one. I loved mine. :)

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

How can a male be satisfied without a penis after being resurrected?

Rub a Dub

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You're forgetting, Jehovah will lovingly remove your non JW relatives from your memory.

Yes, when god cant make you happy he resorts to giving you a lobotomy instead.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Desires eh! Look out for some of mine.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

This story reminds me of what a "brother" once said to me about my non-believing father back in the early 70s. "He'd be better off dying soon" he said, "then he might be resurrected because he’s got no chance surviving Armageddon". I was new back then, but I still found it odd that a person’s everlasting destiny would be determined by chance, or that I should wish my father dead by 1975. No, nowwhat? it makes absolutely no sense at all. But when you get down to it, very little JW stuff actually does.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Back in the early 80s I used to joke if my parents died before the Big A then toxic people get a free pass but even if I am the best JW I can be I still might not get thru and that seems very unfair. My father died this year but my mother is still clinging on so even if I was still in Armageddon came too late for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit