Okay Gang - Time for Football Worship !

by Amazing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN:It was one of the periods when I lived in England.
    We played without pads, coz like all good Rugby players, we regarded them as for sissies

Well, I was wondering why you would be the Nottingham Hoods. I didn't think Robin Hood was Scottish.

We like the pads. They make men's shoulders look so broad. Broad Shoulders = Hot. Good that you kept your teeth. Teeth = Good.

Heather

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Kid Rock..........ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It seemed to be a fad that died out pretty quickly (after me learning the rules'n'all !)

Well, cool, Simon. I don't even know all of the rules.

Heather

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

First, I'm for Carolina. Just because their the underdog.

Second, you Brits cannot compare the games just because they are both called "foot ball".

Point in favor of the British game: Americans foot ball players would all die trying to run as much as your teams do with out breaks.

Point in favor of the American game: talk about breaks, your little panzies in shorts wouldn't last one quarter wearing Pillsbury doe boy suites without every bone in their bodies getting broke. These guys are weight lifters with necks like telephone poles.

Now lets talk about real (man's) football.

Steve

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I'm not a big football fan myself, I tend to prefer basketball...moves faster, is indoors and the guys wear shorts

And they have huge hands which means.....you know what.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Jst2,

Good points about big necks ...

Point in favor of the American game: talk about breaks, your little panzies in shorts wouldn't last one quarter wearing Pillsbury doe boy suites without every bone in their bodies getting broke. These guys are weight lifters with necks like telephone poles.

Also, their arms are bigger than my legs, and I am a big six foot guy myself ...

I would love to see an American-British match up ... it would be great!!!

PS: SO far I have been right about a tight game, but the scores are a little higher than I predicted ... but, I still make agood football profit ... err ... betting ... err football pool ... errrr ... prophet

• Loris
    Loris

Just a little humor to go with the Superbowl!

A guy took his blonde girl friend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind their team's bench... After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents." Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?" "Well, I saw them flip a coin and one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was: "Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!" Hel-l-l-lo! It's only 25 cents! I hate to think what they'd do if it was a whole DOLLAR!!!!

• Badger
    Badger

Simon:

Our football appeals to two things that make America Great: Short Committee Meetings followed by acts of violence.

It's really a great game...but College Football is more fun.

As for Soccer (on our side of the pond), uh, we're better. Exhibits?

>D.C. United 1, Tottenham 0.

>The three best keepers in the Premiership? Tim Howard (A Yank from New Jersey), Brad Friedel (A Yank from Ohio) and Kasey Keller (A Yank from Washington)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit