Okay Gang - Time for Football Worship !

by Amazing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    We have games that you can run into each other ... 'xcept our players aren't namby pambeys who insist on all that padding and stuff

Yeah but our ball players have a few more of their teeth. We chicks kind of like guys with teeth.

Andy, Shaft says," Carolina by 3. " He says it's going to be the lowest scoring superbowl ever.

Heather

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

* high fives FlyingHighNow* ,,,,,,,,lol, you got that right, we do like our guys with teeth!!!!!!!!

Of course I would enjoy this game alot more if it were the Dallas Cowboys playing...........but maybe in the next couple of years.

Is it just me , or do the commercials suck as well??????

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Is it just me , or do the commercials suck as well??????

Lyin' Eyes: High fives back!

Yes, we liked the Willie Nelson doll but the commercial could have been more clever. But hold on to your girdles guys because I hear there's gonna be chicks playing gladiators. Wooooo. Not! Horse gas??? C'mon.

Heather

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As a teenager, when American Football was first becoming popular in the UK, I played in a small feeder team for the "Nottingham Hoods" (variously as a running back or receiver). At that time I used to follow the Washington Redskins, and still recall their marvellous SuperBowl wins in '88 and '92 (Superbowl wasn't shown in Britain until '85, so I missed their '83 win against the Miami Dolphins).

I'd go for a Patriots win.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    As a teenager, when American Football was first becoming popular in the UK, I played in a small feeder team for the "Nottingham Hoods"

Alright, Scottish teenagers playing American Football, this I'd love to see. Very cool. Nottingham Hoods, never thought I'd hear of a FB team with a name like that.

Heather

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

FHN:
    It was one of the periods when I lived in England.
    We played without pads, coz like all good Rugby players, we regarded them as for sissies

Somehow I managed to retain my teeth, too

• Simon
    Simon

yeah, American football became popular for a couple of years on Channel 4 (new channel, not much money, picked minority interest sports)

It seemed to be a fad that died out pretty quickly (after me learning the rules'n'all !)

I actually liked watching Kibadi, the Indian sport they showed.

• Xena
    Xena

I'm not a big football fan myself, I tend to prefer basketball...moves faster, is indoors and the guys wear shorts

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I can vouch for Little Toe , since I have meet him in person , at a Dallas Apostofest........he does have all of his teeth. Nice teeth Little Toe...........

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Simon:It was replaced by "The Word" - LOL I'll never forget seeing that guy floss out the back of his nasal passages with a condom. But I digress...

Lyin:
    Why thankyou - flashes gnashers again:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit