Check out this shameless image on jw.org.

by nicolaou 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

the wt has had to admit to allowing the r &f to go to mental health professionals in the policy shift on abuse.

Oh I would have like to have been there when this like the dragons teeth was pulled out of them. Note i said 'allowing'. Not recommended, not generally approved of..but 'allowed' by the new policy.

live long prosper in wisdom and love.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation has been a shameless commercialized fraud for a very long time.

This organization has been mostly proficient in exploiting people's ignorance of what the bible really says and outside secular knowledge.

19th century religious charlatanism brought up and working in the 21 century.

Shameless I think so !

• sparky1
    sparky1

"If they could combine their belief in the end time with a more reasonable approach to equipping their children for life in this system in the meantime, it wouldn't be so bad"-SBF

Except of course for those children that needlessly die from a lack of a blood transfusion, or are sacrificed on the 'altar of the two witness rule for child molesters', or shunning and disfellowshipping, or no worldly associates, or no holidays, or extra activities at school and on and on and on.......

DREAM ON, SBF!

• silas hobbs
    silas hobbs

It's like something out of an early Jim Jones meeting.

• LV101
    LV101

I can't look at that cult publication or think about it -- this is where the gov't needs to step in and protect the innocent. I appreciate all the freedom individuals have re/religion (gag me) and no one has a gun held to their head (really - what about mentally) -- members have freedom to walk away at any time but die hards can't and children suffer and die for parents.

• DesirousOfChange
  • sir82
    sir82

That is one dang-long corner!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well JWs need to stop shunning, that’s first priority. Other issues will tend to get better from that one change.

• cofty
    cofty

If you were to reform all the harmful teachings and practices of the WT there would be nothing left.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe so. But I think it’s worth trying. Sometimes I get the impression you wouldn’t like JWs to become better! No religion is all good or bad, but JWs certainly have a lot of room for improvement. I like this book about good and bad religion.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Bad-Religion-Peter-Vardy-ebook/dp/B005ER6OW2/

Spoiler: the book argues that “good” religions promote education, connections between people rather than barriers, openness to new ideas, empathy for others, among other characteristics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit