Check out this shameless image on jw.org.

by nicolaou 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Okay, just for the sake of focussing on my main point let's concede you are right about kids not putting lives on hold.

All apocalyptic religions (including SDA and mainstream evangelicals) are poison.

Apart from causing young people to put their lives on hold it teaches them that millions of non-favoured humans will be obliterated by their god any moment.

That is the most damaging aspect of religion and raising children in those groups is mental abuse.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been an ardent participant in getting children committed to the organization , that's why you see JWS youth 13, 14, 15 years olds getting baptism and promoting even younger ones to giving talks.

Why is this is mostly due to the ideology of openly serving Jehovah will create appeasement to him thereby offering a better chance of making it through the judgement of Armageddon.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not all endtime religions teach that most humans will die.

The New Apostolic Church is a really interesting example. From what I can make out, they teach that Armageddon is very close, but that prior to the end there will be a huge influx of people into their church. I attended a service where the entire focus of the sermon was that members of the church should not resent all the new converts that will join their church before Armageddon. They apparently worry that some members will look down on newer converts as Armageddon approaches. They seem to believe that the end is near and that most of humanity will be saved in the end.

• DesirousOfChange
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PLENTY OF PEOPLE WAITING ON JEHOVAH

Image result for tombstone

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Let’s hope that the internet prevents another bumper crop of young people from falling for the harmful teachings of this horrible religion.

I hope that any younger JWs lurking on the forum take a good look at older JWs in their congregations who are struggling because they swallowed the nonsense about not getting decent jobs and preparing for retirement. It is IMPERATIVE that young JWs do NOT repeat this mistake because Who Knows what’s happening with this shrinking religion??

Nobody is going to support you!

Just remember: if there are no halls there will be no congregation. No congregation, nobody to beg money from. No envelope full of cash..This will be a fantasy from the past.

• cofty
    cofty

Well done SBF on finding an insignificant little apocalyptic cult that is the exception that proves the rule.

• LV101
    LV101
    WT would have to be totally retooled with new management of professional, educated, spiritual, leaders, to emulate what other religions have accomplished. Perhaps it's too far gone but the rage, envy, vitriol, etc., inside the ranks would be horrific. Psychologists/psychiatrists would be an integral part for the transition as so many respected churches are providing. Time the cult WT grow up and accept reality. It would take a younger generation of adherents to accept these changes but certainly would be a positive, step, in the right direction.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

What you’re saying would never happen. At least not now.

Maybe when Time solves the religion’s problem and all the people who were affected by the harmful teachings pass away. Then the JW religion can reinvent itself into something more sensible like other religions mentioned who do not tell their followers not to get education or careers.

Meanwhile, the religion will continue to be a clusterf#ck that I’m glad to NO longer be around.

• LV101
    LV101

LongHair -- I agree. It's too far gone in my opinion but I was being nice throwing the word "perhaps" in. Guess anything is possible in the land of opportunity and billionaire charlatans. No shortage of stupid and hurting humans and that's sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit