Will the Watchtower Company in the near future start asking for a tithe?

by Sour Grapes 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It appears that the Borg has some financial issues and I would think they are related to the hush money being paid out for the child molestation lawsuits to protect the guilty cult members and the fine untarnished reputation of the JDubs.

We have seen how much the Borg refers to the Hebrew Scriptures for their guiding principles whenever it suits the Borg's needs. Tithing certainly is laced throughout the Old Testament.

Under the Mosaic law, there were three tithes. The first was a regular tithe to support the priests and the temple costs. The second tithe was to celebrate the many feasts and the last was a charity tithe paid every third year.

The WTBTS certainly could make a good case for every Jdub family forking over 10% to the Borg, this of course is above and beyond the contributions for the local Kingdom Haul. The 10% tithe would go to Jehovah and by being in lock step with Jehovah's new requirement that your survival through the ever so close Great Tribulation is guaranteed.

The new requirement would push many fence sitters to speed up their fade or just quit cold turkey. The JDub hardliners would pay and the Borg would have more cash.

What do you think?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I have said they will for a while, although the current kh “loan” scam is a form of tithe as it is

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Having already introduced a sort of 'stealth thithe' in asking 'publishers™' what they can give each month, why wouldn't they go for a tithe? They are greedy enough to get 'new light™' on the subject.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Morpheus that is a good point. JDubs don't need to pass the plate they just pass another resolution.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Exactly. But i believe they would do an individual tithe before they let the org fold.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Could the tithe be one of the things that the JDubs shouldn't question when it comes from Jehovah to the Gibbering Booty? They always seem to sidestep Jesus as the head of the congregation.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Kingdom Haul-------nice one..i like it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Of course they wouldnt. They commit suicide willingly by refusing blood. They disown family because 3 elders decided their son or daughter wasnt repentant enough for a roll in the hay. A few bucks a month is nothing.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

If you notice in last weeks watchtower it mentioned tithing. But what was unusual this time is it didn’t follow up with “but we don’t tithe now” or something similar, the study just went on.

I do believe they will introduce tithing, but it’s a long way down the road.

• sir82
    sir82

A mandatory individual "tithe" (wouldn't necessarily have to be exactly 10%) would be another useful benchmark to use to see who qualifies for "special privileges of service".

I've been expecting them to do this for several years now.

Actual implementation of it would be pretty solid evidence that they really are hurting for money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit