Skinned and Thrown About.....

by Tech49 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"He did the same interview a fortnight later at the circuit assembly except that it was spun differently in as much as she was pioneering and he was serving faithfully as an elder in a congregation that needed help. No mention of the bottom falling out of his world on the assembly platform, eh?"

This is the part I find most interesting. What is actually going on versus what is REAL. This is what being a JW is all about...appearances. What others see is not actually what is going on. I truly believe that this is what the majority of JW's is all about.

• tiki
    tiki

Well....sadly enough they none of them took to heart a basic truth....you reap what you sow.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

In our Hall we have a couple that just was terminated from bethel. He is an engineer that's right an engineer!. What does that tell you about the organization's future when they let a guy like that go. Anyway he still worhips the borg like nothing happened. Unlike all the others that were terminated with no skill set at least he will be gainfully employed.

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing. And really sad as well. Just like the GB member Ted Jaracz stated in the early 1980's - " the needs of the organization take priority over the individual needs of the brothers and sisters. " Or something like that.

So your experiences you related prove testimony to that fact. WT Society will throw any of it's members under the bus if the " needs " change with WT leaders priorities. And at this time and moment in WT history- the needs and priorities involve saving $$$ so the WT Society can pay off child abuse lawsuits. As well as storing billions $$$$ in their offshore bank accounts . Pretty disgusting. More lives are wrecked from this organization and it's leaders - numbering in the millions worldwide

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ToesUP,

Exactly, JW's are about being seen...I was told that regarding field service...as long as you go out and be seen. But you are so correct...it's all about appearances...seen given out literature, seen at the hall, if you're not noticed at the hall, then go to the bathroom to be seen...

No most JW's are not who they are in the hall...they send their representatives to the hall. The real person is when you just drop by the house..but again they can put on then....I say be a fly on the wall and you would really see who they really are....

I've seen the nicest brothers in the hall and when they leave they are yelling at the wife to hurry up...

But when you come to think of it we all send our representatives out ....most of us never show the real them, because most folks feel the real them would not be accepted....

I feel sorry for those that this has happened to...but would these same couples if heard these stories, would they have had any empathy for them ? I don't think so, they would have soft soaped it and said....Jehovah will make a way.

Tor

• schnell
    schnell

The JW who got me hired at my job admits that he's never put into our company's 401k plan. He has no retirement savings. He is betting on Armageddon and Social Security.

Many of the rank and file never served at Bethel, but never thought they'd need to plan for retirement either. You could blame some of that on the rise-and-fall of the economy, for sure, but getting duped by a cult into false hopes for a new world has got to weigh more than that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    tor1500: No most JW's are not who they are in the hall...they send their representatives to the hall. The real person is when you just drop by the house..but again they can put on then....I say be a fly on the wall and you would really see who they really are....

What? what??

You mean to say that the JWs aren't as honest as they portray themselves to be? That they can't even be honest about who they are let alone be honest about anything else?

Huh...I guess that blows the JW honesty myth out of the water. Knock me over with a feather and call me Bob

• schnell
    schnell

@tor1500

But you are so correct...it's all about appearances...seen given out literature, seen at the hall, if you're not noticed at the hall, then go to the bathroom to be seen...

I could make a list of then teenagers and twenty somethings with double lives who pioneered and went to Bethel. (And somehow I became the bad guy when I decided to be honest...)

No most JW's are not who they are in the hall...they send their representatives to the hall. The real person is when you just drop by the house..but again they can put on then....I say be a fly on the wall and you would really see who they really are....

I've seen the nicest brothers in the hall and when they leave they are yelling at the wife to hurry up...

But when you come to think of it we all send our representatives out ....most of us never show the real them, because most folks feel the real them would not be accepted....

I could also make a list of abusive spouses, ugly marriages, as well as marriages for the sake of advantage and appearance. (Political marriages.) Towards the end, I eschewed the fake smiles at the hall and just went right to my seat. Again, I just wanted to be honest.

I feel sorry for those that this has happened to...but would these same couples if heard these stories, would they have had any empathy for them ? I don't think so, they would have soft soaped it and said....Jehovah will make a way.

This is an ironic choice of words, but isn't that the truth? These people probably would have evaded this topic. Leave everything to Jehovah... Even though Jehovah works through people??? So if you're saying "leave it to Jehovah", aren't you actually breaking Jehovah's process when you should be taking action? It's nonsense.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Honestly you did just gloss over an important part. That Watchtower told them not to put all their eggs in one basket......RO

No the Watchtower did not tell them that.....Tech49 did

(we talked with them right before they left, and told them basically to enjoy themselves, but to be careful, dont put all your eggs in one basket,.....Tech49

Image result for Man reading book upside down

• schnell
    schnell

@nowwhat?

In our Hall we have a couple that just was terminated from bethel. He is an engineer that's right an engineer!. What does that tell you about the organization's future when they let a guy like that go. Anyway he still worhips the borg like nothing happened. Unlike all the others that were terminated with no skill set at least he will be gainfully employed.

SMH. Attitude is everything, and doesn't money drive attitude? I'm glad he has certified and qualified skills, but what if his prospects were lower?

And yeah, apparently the Borg needs lawyers more than engineers right about now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit